The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The International SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7048)

Trevor 11-17-2002 04:36 PM

The International SVX

Sunday evening I picked up Alan ( alanscourse ) from where he was staying in Auckland with relatives during a visit to N.Z. and gave him the opportunity of experiencing a right hand drive SVX when bringing him back to my house for a chat and a taste of home brew.

The conversation which included my wife, developed to the extent that she produced a quick meal so that Alan could remain a little longer in our company. A very enjoyable evening developed and the conversation was not restricted to the SVX and ranged far and wide as we had many interests in common. This was in fact quite an occasion and we have I am sure cemented a friendship spanning the greater part of the planet and all as a result of ownership of a special car and the facilities afforded by this network.

Alan confirmed that it was indeed he who tagged the car at Auckland Airport with a downloaded SVX memo resulting in a new member who I have yet to meet but have contacted by email. As I understand it he is from Asia and he is here as a student attending Auckland University. He could not be present as he is in the middle of exams at the moment, This sets up quite a story.

We have Alan born in the U.K. subsequently moving to Canada and later to the U.S. to become a citizen, traveling down under to meet both James in Australia and me in N.Z. and to top it off soliciting a new member from further afield. Hence the title chosen for this thread.,

Be assured, Alan is a very nice guy, Trevor.

P. S. I hope Chris reads this as thanks must go to him as he provides the means for these friendships to evolve.

Green1995SVX 11-17-2002 05:23 PM

Simply a fantastic story, Trevor. Makes me proud to be a part of this spectacular group!

Mike

wasions 11-17-2002 06:35 PM

Thanks for pointing the way to this thread, Trevor. Very cool. There's a couple hundred jealous members out here. :cool:

Ron Mummert 11-17-2002 07:12 PM

Now, Trevor, if you can find a way for Alan to smuggle a few liters (litres) of that Kiwi home brew on to the return flight, he could bring it to the Reading meet, & pass a swig or two amongst the maddening crowd. Let the international bonding continue!

Ron. (PS - Does that home stuff come in a box?)

wawazat?? 11-17-2002 07:35 PM

Nice story Trevor

It reminds me of my recent trip to Ireland and meeting Joe (svxistentialist) and his family. Had some lovely visits and an enjoyable drive from the other side of the car!

Todd

Trevor 11-17-2002 08:24 PM

Home Brew

Ron,

Not in a box but in a tin ready to mix and brew. Harvey also is a Brewer. All sorts available from NZ, Aust., UK.

Surely you have this in the US. If not be quick and I will catch Alan on his way through here going home and see if he can accomodate some excess luggage. :)

Aredubjay 11-17-2002 09:35 PM

Trevor,
Thank you for your report. It's great to hear of friends meeting friends.

I always enjoy Alan's company. He is in every sense, a gentleman.

I hate having to experience friendships second hand, but, I'll take the relations any way I can. My daughter recently visited Ireland and was able to meet with Joe and his family. I'll be sure to visit with Alan at the Reading meet and have him give me his impressions of my Kiwi friend.

Take good care.