The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Manuals? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21969)

Notall There 10-14-2004 11:26 AM

Manuals?

Hi Guys, maybe u can help me with a few silly questions as i have no owners manual with my car!

What r the tyre pressures supposed 2 be? Std wheels!

What RON fuel is it supposed 2 run on? Unleaded or Super?

Does anyone have a spare book or know of one? I only got a service manual with my SVX!

Phil.

The Monzta 10-14-2004 03:16 PM

Re: Manuals?

Hi Phil,

Mine didn't come with an Owner's Manual either, I had to get an American one through eBay.

My manual says that the front tyres should be set at 33 psi and the rears at 29. It also says the spare is to be inflated to 60 psi.

As for fuel, mine has a sticker inside the filler cap saying that only Super Unleaded is to be used. I always fill with Shell Optimax.

Sorry, haven't got a spare manual but I picked mine up dead easy on eBay. A British spec one though I would imagine is as rare as hen's teeth.

Glenn :cool:

TonyShaleUK 10-15-2004 02:14 AM

Mine didn't come with a manual either - I got one from Bell & Colville, about a tenner

b3lha 10-15-2004 03:27 AM

We normally use ordinary unleaded, but I have noticed that it runs much better on super.

Phil & Belha.

Notall There 10-16-2004 10:12 AM

ok, thanks guys! I might try super unleaded next time, it might cure the 'cough' its got? I had a listen 2day aftyer a run, the injectors seem 2 miss on the n/s, but connections r ok!

Notall There 10-17-2004 02:41 AM

& 1 other thing, how do u check the auto fluid level? Is it engine off in P, or running in N?

Phil.

The Monzta 10-17-2004 08:01 AM

Phil,

My manual says the following:

1. Drive the vehicle several miles to raise the temperature of the transmission fluid up to normal operating temperature. 140 to 176°F (60 +0 80°C) is normal.
2. Park the vehicle on a level surface and set the parking brake.
3. First put the gearshift selector lever in every position. then put it in "P", and run the engine at idling speed.
4. Pull out the dipstick, wipe it clean, and insert again.
5. Pull out the dipstick again and check the level. If it is below the "HOT" range, add the recommended automatic transmission fluid up to the "F" line.

When the fluid level has to be checked without time to warm up the automatic transmission, check to see that the fluid level is within the "COLD" range. If it is below that range, add fluid. Do not overfill.

Glenn :cool:

Notall There 10-17-2004 10:42 AM

Cool,cheers, i'll check it when i get 2 work 2moro, should be warm after 8 miles!

& guess what i just found? the tyre pressure sticker inside the drivers door! LOL :S

Phil.

svxistentialist 10-18-2004 05:10 AM

Glenn is correct about the tyre pressures. However, play around with them for a bit, see what suits.

I generally leave the 4 lbs differential between F/R, as it's related to the axle weights. However, mine runs better at 35/31 with no detriment to the tyres.

Joe