The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Day 8, Tranny Saga 3 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2768)

Aredubjay 02-13-2002 04:05 PM

Day 8, Tranny Saga 3

No word today from the tranny shop. The "hope" I was given that it was merely a gasket (fujibond) leak is waning. I am trying to stay away from them to keep them nervous. Last time, I was in there every day, checking up on the progress. Right now, I'm just going to let the angst build until I blow a mental gasket. Then, I'll go see them. Meanwhile, I think I'll go get in my 2002 Stratus rental and go home.

(Am I sick to be rather driving a 10 year old car than a brand spankin' new one? )

svxcess 02-13-2002 04:12 PM

I'd trust a 10 year old SVX with a quirky tranny than I would a new Dodge product..

(Maybe I have "Stratus-fear")

Seriously, I hope you get good news before the weekend. There can only be so many of them "meet gremlins" in one tranny.

vkykam 02-13-2002 04:31 PM

Guys near Aredub:

Please hold an emergency meet in his area this weekend. Aredub has a knack to always get the car back just before a meet. :)

Or at the very least it'll ease his anxiety seeing another SVX...

VK

Aredubjay 02-13-2002 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vkykam
Guys near Aredub:

Please hold an emergency meet in his area this weekend. Aredub has a knack to always get the car back just before a meet. :)

Or at the very least it'll ease his anxiety seeing another SVX...

VK

Good idea, Victor. We will meet in the Parking Lot of the Tranny Shop at 4:30 (if they don't have my car ready). Bring tire irons and chains. No guns please, I just want injuries, no deaths. :D

SVXphile 02-13-2002 08:53 PM

Whatsa problem?

<Bring tire irons and chains>

Youse guys needin some a Larry "Three eyes" buddies to come down dare? :eek: Don

"I undastands youse guys are not makin our buddy Randy a veri happy man....Youse likes ya kneecaps da way da Good Lord gave um to ya??"

Beav 02-13-2002 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Good idea, Victor. We will meet in the Parking Lot of the Tranny Shop at 4:30 (if they don't have my car ready). Bring tire irons and chains. No guns please, I just want injuries, no deaths. :D

But chains and tire irons leave such big bruises and guns only make little holes... ;)

Beav

Green1995SVX 02-13-2002 11:10 PM

Though i cant make this 'svxer gathering' because I am on an SVX Strike, I send all of you a "best of luck" in beating up the tranny guy.

-Mike

Beav 02-13-2002 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Though i cant make this 'svxer gathering' because I am on an SVX Strike, I send all of you a "best of luck" in beating up the tranny guy.

-Mike

If you're on a SVX Strike I'd think you'd have plenty of extra time on your han... Oh... scratch that... never mind.

Beav

sith 02-14-2002 05:24 AM

Start sending the tranny shop dismembered bits of childrens dolls with notes that say "Fix his tranny before he does it again!"

That almost always works for me...

Mr. Pockets 02-14-2002 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sith
Start sending the tranny shop dismembered bits of childrens dolls with notes that say "Fix his tranny before he does it again!"

That almost always works for me...

I do almost the same thing.

Except with dead animals I find on the side of the road.

Green1995SVX 02-14-2002 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav

If you're on a SVX Strike I'd think you'd have plenty of extra time on your han... Oh... scratch that... never mind.

Beav

I obviously have a LOT of time on my hands... Look at how much i've been posting lately. Sheesh...

-Mike

Aredubjay 02-14-2002 01:39 PM

Re: Whatsa problem?

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
<Bring tire irons and chains>

Youse guys needin some a Larry "Three eyes" buddies to come down dare? :eek: Don

"I undastands youse guys are not makin our buddy Randy a veri happy man....Youse likes ya kneecaps da way da Good Lord gave um to ya??"

YIKES!!:eek: Not the kneecaps. I've had one of mine busted (no, not for stiffing the loan shark -- in a car wreck), and I wouldn't wish that on my WORST enemy.

Aredubjay 02-14-2002 01:40 PM

Quote:

I obviously have a LOT of time on my hands... Look at how much i've been posting lately. Sheesh...

-Mike

Ha! Lightweight. :D

Green1995SVX 02-14-2002 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Ha! Lightweight. :D

Oh shut up, tater boy.

-Mike

Aredubjay 02-14-2002 03:01 PM

Quote:

Oh shut up, tater boy.