The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   lack of subarus in florida (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49708)

intellibomb 03-31-2009 10:13 AM

lack of subarus in florida

hey all

i am currently in jacksonville florida... about to fly back to good ol Cali...

during my week stay, i saw a total of 3 subarus.

1: badass sti.... with rollbars and stabilizers from a pillar to a pillar behind the front seats, and mods galore. prety nice.

2: another sti, stock

3: a 91 legacy L

WTF?
in california 3 out of 5 cars seem to be subarus....

i was in jacksonville and daytona .....

interesting.

there wer lots of mitsubishis tho...:confused:

Mike621 03-31-2009 10:20 AM

Re: lack of subarus in florida

There are two members in Jacksonville that I know of, nsm424 (has two SVXs) and AvPPoW, who drives a stock black 02 WRX wagon, and has a 5spd SVX sitting in his garage with a possible blown HG. They live literally down the street from one another.

dcarrb 03-31-2009 10:53 AM

Subarus have never been popular in the southeastern U.S. (excepting maybe in the Appalachians), probably because AWD isn't considered much of an asset here. The nearest dealership is well over an hour's drive from here.

My then-wife and I bought our first Subaru (a new '86 GL 4WD wagon) when we moved to the hills north of Atlanta, on an unpaved, steep road well out of town. We wanted something with 4-wheel drive and test-drove a Ford Bronco II (thank heavens we didn't buy that thing). Then one day she passed a Subaru dealership (actually a Pontiac dealership with a few Subarus hidden away out back), and so my thing for Subies began. Seeing another on the road was a rare event.

My teal SVX spent its formative years in south Georgia. Bet she really turned some heads down there.

dcb

bwb3 03-31-2009 11:11 AM

Our local dealership finally got one new Laguna Blue SVX-L in their showroom in 1994. A year later they sold it at discount to a member here who still has it. You do see a lot of Subarus around the University.
Gene

subeman90 03-31-2009 11:36 AM

I did a drive from PA to Key West a little over a month ago and I hardly saw any Subarus on the trip at all. In FL I think I saw 2 Baja's but I really don't remember even seeing another subaru at all. I was down one coast, in Florida, and back up the other so I got around a little.

essveeexxee 03-31-2009 06:26 PM

10 characters.

maynardg 03-31-2009 06:46 PM

I now live in Florida, and mine is the only SVX I've seen in 6 years down here. Subies are generally a bit rare. Can go a week without seeing one.

A few years ago, I was driving with my son, then maybe 10, in our Forester, on CO 119 between Boulder and Nederland. He was counting cars from 1, 2, 3,..... and starting over every time he saw a Subaru. I don't think he ever reached 10.

NiftySVX 04-01-2009 09:45 PM

I rarely ever saw another Subaru here in Oklahoma, but they have been getting more common lately, especially the Forester. I think there are more SVXs in the Oklahoma city metro than ever. I know there are at least 6, including mine and the one I sold awhile back.