The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Remote Cotrolled SVX's!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98)

Phast SVX 03-14-2001 04:56 PM

yup thats right, among all these awesome pictures from a guy who owns a jp Alcyone is a group of enthusiast that have made RC version of their SVX's!!! At first ithought....omg a model!!! then i saw the antenna and could barely believe my eyes. How much fun would that be. Also, if we can get a pge translator then alot more tehn good pictures awaits on this site
http://member.nifty.ne.jp/y_taniguchi/svx/photo/photo.htm

joeaux 03-14-2001 07:36 PM

Yep, been to the site before (didn't see the catalogs the last time though). We discussed this on that 'other club'. If you look closely you'll see that the RC cars are really Eclipses or something like that. They did a damn good job making them look like an SVX though.
-joe-

svxxx26 03-15-2001 06:31 AM

Joe, you might want to take another look at the site if you haven't looked at it in the last month or so.
The latest SVX R/C models they had pictured actually looked like SVXs, unlike the earlier modified Eclipse bodies.

cozykat 03-15-2001 10:30 AM

OMG!!! Even the headlights work! :D
I wonder if there is a way we could get them here! Anyone speak Japanese? LOL
I would love to have a whole set of RC SVX cars and have races between them :)
This is definitely something we have to try to and get over here :)

wasions 03-15-2001 11:15 AM

I don't get it . . .

. . . no, really. I don't get it. I plugged in the url exactly as phast listed it, the page took a loooong time to load, but when it was done - nothing! The only thing I could click on was 'home'. There were no pix. What's up?

Steve

svxter 03-15-2001 01:00 PM

Speak Japanese?

No, but, after spring break is over, I might be able to find a Japanese student and persuade them to translate. We have several Japanese exchange students here. Remind me in about 12 days, if nobody finds a source before then.

PS. Read your post on Y*h** - I really hope you & Halistan can make it to the E. TN meet - I'd love to have some of MO contingent show up. Let me know - post here or e-mail me - until March 27, use moorej@usit.net; after that, use moorej@marshall.edu.

John19688 03-15-2001 03:21 PM

A response I received from Japan

I got an e-mail from a guy in Japan a month ago asking questions about the scale model I'm making and he volunteered the following information on the R/C SVXs:
-------------------------------------------------------

Radio controlled SVX, about 1/10 in scale, is a personal hand-made example. It was modelled over a Toyota Levin and a total of 8 were made. But now the base model is out of production, and now it is impossible to reproduce them.

Hope it help.

Yoshifumi Taniguchi

Hope it help...I mean...Hope this helps.

inline 03-15-2001 04:43 PM

Try here for a translator:
http://www.elingo.com

Look under Services. Select Web Pages. All you have to do is enter the URL and it will translate the page for you. Make sure you select Japanese as the original language.

Chris

joeaux 03-15-2001 05:10 PM

Thanks for the tip on the translator, I'll try it later. I've tried the one at AltaVista (I think it's there anyway) and it always screws up. Kinda works, but not really well. I'll give Elingo a try.
-joe-

svxxx26 03-15-2001 08:19 PM

Toyota Levin?

Anybody have a clue as to the US model equivalent?
Supra? :confused:

Seraph 02-05-2002 10:41 PM

Re: A response I received from Japan

Quote:

Originally posted by John19688
I got an e-mail from a guy in Japan a month ago asking questions about the scale model I'm making and he volunteered the following information on the R/C SVXs:

Radio controlled SVX, about 1/10 in scale, is a personal hand-made example. It was modelled over a Toyota Levin and a total of 8 were made. But now the base model is out of production, and now it is impossible to reproduce them.

Hope it help.

Yoshifumi Taniguchi

Hope it help...I mean...Hope this helps.

Levin does look somewhat like an SVX in some ways. I guess you can do some mods to that.

Levin

Beav 02-05-2002 10:44 PM

Looks more like the prodigy of a Corolla/Accord conjugal visit to me.

Beav

Aredubjay 02-05-2002 11:16 PM

Re: Re: A response I received from Japan

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim

Levin does look somewhat like an SVX in some ways. I guess you can do some mods to that.

Levin

Guess the car wasn't very popular. They didn't come out with a Twelb or Firteen. :D

Green1995SVX 02-06-2002 05:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: A response I received from Japan

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Guess the car wasn't very popular. They didn't come out with a Twelb or Firteen. :D

Thanks Randy for the first laugh of my day at 8:00am :) What a wonderful birthday gift!

-Mike

Ron Mummert 02-06-2002 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
Looks more like the prodigy of a Corolla/Accord conjugal visit to me.

Beav

I believe this is a Corolla manufactured by Toyota's Israeli division.
Ron.