The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   the subie bug (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6185)

subafan 09-29-2002 12:42 PM

the subie bug

seems like lots of ppl here's in love with subarus.... how'd y'all catch the bug??

for me... i had a forester throughout college... that baby is a tank! we'd tear through the chicago snow like it was nothing... and now... i'm just babbling on, cuz i'm still waiting for my svx to get here.....

$VX 09-29-2002 02:09 PM

I bought an SVX. :P

ensteele 09-29-2002 08:18 PM

I drove an SVX and fell in Love. I have two of them now and looking (not real hard) for a third. ;) But I must say I am always looking.:D

svxeno 09-29-2002 08:51 PM

I had a tourquey little DL back in '84. Flat 4 with the spare tire mounted on top of the motor. This was in Peoria Il. It was my second front wheel drive car but my first during the winter months. It was GREAT!

I didn't get another Subaru until this past November. I always wanted an SVX since I first saw one. Couldn't afford 30 grand at the time.

I prefer to drive a car that doesn't look like anything else and has a unique flavor to it. (Redundant?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The SVX~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tada!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Wheel Drive, 234 HP is all just bonus for me.

Randy ii

huck369 09-30-2002 05:52 AM

Me and the wife bought an 87 RX-Turbo AWD 5-Speed back in 1993, I was completely sold the first big snow, that was 13 Subies ago and still counting ;)

svx_commuter 09-30-2002 06:16 AM

The wife and I leased a 95 Legacy LS. We were very impressed with the ride and the car in general. It was just great in the snow and handled very well and was reasonably priced.

The first time I saw an SVX I wanted one but at $28k I figured I would never get one:D

What a beautiful car it is... I thought.

In 97 I got an OBS and 2 yrs ago a 91 Legacy. Everyone thought I was nuts buying a car with a 102K miles. Now I work on the cars and I impressed with how maitainable they are as well as the ride and traction in the weather. The legacy has 173k now and it's still going strong.

I am always looking for used Subys but they are far and few between.

Very reliable cars and the parts are inexpensive.

mattski 09-30-2002 06:35 AM

My first suby was a 95 Legacy LS (Weenie Wagon) which I purchased in 98 off a lease with 36k miles. The first weekend we drove to my in-laws in a nasty rain storm on rte 78. I was comfortably doing 75 mph, passing big rigs which normally had buffeted my other cars. The car was stuck to the ground like on rails. I then understood that the "the beauty of all wheel drive" is not just for snow. It now has 110k miles with no problems. It is easy to maintain, the engine bay has a great layout, changing oil is a snap. The car is as solid today as the day that I bought it.

svx_commuter 09-30-2002 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mattski
My first suby was a 95 Legacy LS (Weenie Wagon) which I purchased in 98 off a lease with 36k miles.
Sounds similar to the green one we turned in with roof racks and alloy wheels at Faulkner.

mattski 09-30-2002 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter

Sounds similar to the green one we turned in with roof racks and alloy wheels at Faulkner.

Well, mine is green, does have a roof rack and alloy wheels but I got it from Flemington Subaru. It also had a bleached out spot in the trunk capeting so I got a bed liner to cover it. Was it yours?

alacrity024 09-30-2002 08:00 AM

My mother has driven white Subaru station wagons ever since I can remember. It seemed natural for my first car to be a Subie. When I graduated high school I used some money I'd saved to buy an '89 RX Turbo (high-five, huck!) and absolutely fell in love with it. I began learning more and more about the breed of cars that had been coming out of FHI and just got addicted. After the RX it was either a Legacy turbo, a WRX, or an SVX. And that's all she wrote.

btw, I followed a blue WRX for awhile last night.. license plates read "STI2BE" heh..

-Adam