The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Partout Feeler 92 Pearlie (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48804)

iizbeastie 01-23-2009 07:40 PM

Partout Feeler 92 Pearlie

Seriously considering complete part-out,
If I get enough interest I'll start dismantling!

virtually complete w/some exceptions (e.g. cracked windshield thanks to last week's -45 windchills)

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq90/iizbeastie/SVX/

92 Pearl white LS-L 1476xx miles.... with tranny cooler update and 3.90 top gear mod

Sean486 01-23-2009 07:47 PM

Re: Partout Feeler 92 Pearlie

What is wrong with it that makes you want to part it out?

Mike621 01-23-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 583778)
What is wrong with it that makes you want to part it out?

+1 to that. The car looks good in the photos.

iizbeastie 01-23-2009 08:16 PM

3 main reasons...

1- the crack in the windshield.... they aren't available around here and it is technically illegal to drive in WI with it being cracked... the likelihood of me not getting fined for it in this area is pretty low**.... between fixing that and the passenger door I could part it and buy another one and come out way ahead

2- soon to be up to 3 children... my "family car" is a little jetta at the moment and something has to go

3- based on 1&2 it's been up for sale and has seen very little interest

Blacky 01-23-2009 08:29 PM

That car is in great shape. It makes mine look like a reject from the scrapyard.

Mike621 01-23-2009 08:36 PM

At what price would you sell the entire car?

iizbeastie 01-23-2009 09:06 PM

I'd be thinking around $2,750

Mike621 01-23-2009 09:10 PM

I would try to ebay the entire car before you part it out. At least it can live on in one piece. No reason to part a perfectly good car.

iizbeastie 01-23-2009 09:32 PM

I don't want to seem selfish, but after the listing costs and setting a reserve (requires % upfront payment to Ebay), I don't think Id get what I need out of it in the end

odepaj 01-24-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iizbeastie (Post 583781)
3 main reasons...

1- the crack in the windshield.... they aren't available around here and it is technically illegal to drive in WI with it being cracked... the likelihood of me not getting fined for it in this area is pretty low**.... between fixing that and the passenger door I could part it and buy another one and come out way ahead

2- soon to be up to 3 children... my "family car" is a little jetta at the moment and something has to go

3- based on 1&2 it's been up for sale and has seen very little interest

What do you think you would get for the car by parting it?

You'll be dealing with it for atleast 2 years before you sell off more than 10 parts.

And then, in order to actually sell most of the parts you're pretty much gonna have to give them away. Most people aren't gonna pay what you think is fair value.

But good luck in the part out if thats what you decide. :o

FYI: I need some parts for my '92 pearl, but I will take the time to get them from a car that is not road worthy :)

Dustin

1986nate 01-24-2009 03:50 AM

Hey, where is the crack on the windshield? If its not across the middle of the windshield you'll probably be fine. My dad's car has had the windshield cracked for over 2 years and it actuallly is in pretty plain site. Just keep driving it til you get pulled over and even then you have like 10 days or something like that to get it fixed.

Don't part out such a good car. Just try finding someone with a true parts car and get a windshield from them. Hell, I'll even go get it for you for the price of the gas.

Mike621 01-24-2009 06:18 AM

We have reasonably priced used windshields. However, we would need to use freight to ship one.

iizbeastie 01-24-2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj (Post 583813)
What do you think you would get for the car by parting it?

You'll be dealing with it for atleast 2 years before you sell off more than 10 parts.

Note the title "feeler". This is still only a strong consideration..... I've also been thinking about using it as a practice car (body work/brake work/glass work)..... If I don't see potential for a decent amount of parts, reasonably quickly... this idea is scrapped..

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj (Post 583813)
FYI: I need some parts for my '92 pearl, but I will take the time to get them from a car that is not road worthy :)

That's just it, it's road worthy to get me to work.... which is 3 in town miles... I wouldn't drive it more than 10 miles on the HWY.... it needs calipers and is beginning to have other issues.... it's died on me a couple of times (starts right back up but I still don't know why) and throws a check engine light now and then.. If I don't win some lottery soon I worry it won't be road worthy much longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 583820)
Hey, where is the crack on the windshield? If its not across the middle of the windshield you'll probably be fine.

pretty close to right in the middle.... starts on the bottom about 3" in goes up to somewhere between 1/4 - 1/2 way.... all the way over and back to the bottom falling 5-6" short of the drivers side back to the bottom.

Quote:

My dad's car has had the windshield cracked for over 2 years and it actuallly is in pretty plain site. Just keep driving it til you get pulled over and even then you have like 10 days or something like that to get it fixed.

Have you ever been to the Kimberly/Little Chute area? Tri-metro police over there are not nearly as laid back as most in WI.... plus that 10 day thing would be a problem.... they don't make it anymore (tried every local glass shop) and there is only one salvage yard that I've found that has one and the windshield is crap

Quote:

Don't part out such a good car. Just try finding someone with a true parts car and get a windshield from them. Hell, I'll even go get it for you for the price of the gas.

I've been looking, but other resources in my life right now are tight. That includes having a place to work on it and I'm not about to pay a body shop.... I'll keep that offer in mind if I don't end up parting it since I have no way to transport such a large piece

I'm still stuck with 'reason 2'.... for my needs this simply isn't a practical car to have...... plus the longer I have it the more I dream of things like the 6-speed swap and other stuff.... I've been battling my budget on that one for a while.....

iizbeastie 01-24-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 583828)
We have reasonably priced used windshields. However, we would need to use freight to ship one.

Oh RLY? Enlighten me?!!?!?!

Wikedjuggalo 01-24-2009 09:42 AM

Your MAF needs to be replaced most likely for the dying issue.