The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   damn carcass! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22785)

michael 11-19-2004 07:37 PM

damn carcass!

I need to vent, I have an 84 Rabbit for a daily driver with no interior. It has nothing but a driver's seat and a dashboard. Just the other day I smelled something, I thought it was my imagination, oh no it got worse and is getting worse as I'm typing this. Something is very dead and very smelly in my heater box. I mean big like an ostrich and really bad, I went to the car at lunch time and it was full of flies. Where there are flies there are maggots! and tomorrow I have to take it apart pick up this wet maggoty critter and hang him from my antenna to scare his peers from trying this sh!t again. I hope he had a painful death being smacked around at a high speed by the heater fan. That's bad forget I said that, I love animals. I just don't like them rotting.

zavikan 11-19-2004 07:56 PM

I express my sympathies, and laughs.

Animals in yer heater core always make for good conversation starters later on in life....... ;)

My Mother used to have an old chevy Nova that when she turned on the heat, dead baby mummified mice spit out of the defroster like toast. Did I mention she's terrified of mice? Well needless to say, that was the end of THAT car....

NapaBavarian 11-19-2004 08:40 PM

You could wait till the magots finnish the meal, then vacume it out, drive another car for a few days...

Alycone 11-19-2004 10:30 PM

Icky! :mad:

SHISVX 11-20-2004 09:59 AM

mmmmm pizza for lunch

Kelli:p

ensteele 11-20-2004 10:07 AM

Re: damn carcass!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by michael
I just don't like them rotting. [/QUOTE

I am sure they don't like it either. :rolleyes: ;)

:) :)

Peach 11-20-2004 12:21 PM

extraction

Don't forget the dab of vicks under the nose. :eek:

SHISVX 11-20-2004 12:45 PM

oil smoked carcass...yummmmmmm

Kelli

michael 11-20-2004 02:18 PM

Re: extraction

Quote:

Originally posted by Peach
Don't forget the dab of vicks under the nose. :eek:
Now you give me tricks of the trade! Well it took most of the morning to get the dash out but I did it. I diconnect all of the vents and peek in to the heater box and what to my suprise but a thick layer of mold and flies on the bottom. I thought to myself where is the critter. I seperated the fan from the vent leading to the engine compartment and low and behold there he is, wrapped around the outside of the fan all bloated and moldy. By him I mean a gigantic RAT. I had to pierce him with a needle nose pliers and pull him from his resting place. I hope his ghost isn't going to haunt me. I have to say I felt sorry and sick to my stomache, but I scrubbed out all of the feces blood, mold, maggots and flies but it still smells. Anybody have some ideas on how to get the stink out, it smells like 409 and death when I went for the test drive. I swer the car is faster now, mabey it was the extra weight. Mabey I should have posted this in the mod forum...Wiat mabey I'll do a how- to.

Peach 11-20-2004 02:26 PM

yeeowwza

Congrats on the removal...you win fortitude of the year...try bleach and water to kill bacteria...if you don't write stories you should.:)

SVX-FF 11-20-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
oil smoked carcass...yummmmmmm

Kelli

I'll have 2 lbs in meat links, and 4 lbs in meat paddies please :D :D :D

Steve

Chiketkd 11-20-2004 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX-FF

Steve

:D :D :D

-Chike

Hocrest 11-20-2004 10:14 PM

Look on the bright side...

It could have been a dead rabbit in the SVX:eek: :eek:

SHISVX 11-21-2004 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX-FF

Steve

coming right up

(goes outside...hops in truck...and goes critter hunting!)

:D

Kelli

michael 11-21-2004 07:00 AM

Re: yeeowwza

Quote:

Originally posted by Peach
Congrats on the removal...you win fortitude of the year...try bleach and water to kill bacteria...if you don't write stories you should.:)
The bleach worked wonders! Thanks.

Quote:

It could have been a dead rabbit in the SVX
There proably is one in there, it been in the garage since Sept getting painted. last time it was in the garage for that long I got it back with a dead mouse under my sub box. It was flat as a pancake and the carpet was covered with these little maggot caccoons. Yuuucccckkk!!! I can't stand maggots.