The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Curious SVX sighting (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49034)

wyldnwoody44 02-07-2009 06:05 PM

Curious SVX sighting

Hey guys, I was getting outta class the other day and heading to my car and to my surprise I find that someone with a red svx had parked ryt next to my ebony! in the student lot. Does anyone here own an older svx and attend Dyouville college? And here I thought that i had the only one at the school:cool:

Crazy_pilot 02-07-2009 06:08 PM

Re: Curious SVX sighting

Leave a note on the windshield next time!

Blacky 02-07-2009 06:51 PM

"An older SVX"
They're all old, 12 years plus.;)

AyeJaye 02-07-2009 07:05 PM

Someone should design a SVXWN business card for just such an occasion. I know we already have the stickers, but I think it would be a neat idea to have something to actually leave on someones car :lol:

Freeman 02-07-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeJaye (Post 586387)
Someone should design a SVXWN business card for just such an occasion. I know we already have the stickers, but I think it would be a neat idea to have something to actually leave on someones car :lol:

You know... I'm sure I have seen them before.. Put them on peoples windshields under the wipers...

wyldnwoody44 02-07-2009 10:17 PM

I was going to leave a note on it, I like the card idea, that would be a treat to find under the wiper : ) maybe next time I see it.

Green1995SVX 02-07-2009 11:00 PM

I have a giant stack of really nice plastic coated business cards for this specific reason. I have no idea where they came from. I think Lwin gave them to me at the 10th anniversary meet. They're really slick.

I'd post a picture, but the logic board died in my computer tonight. It's off to the Apple store in the morning. I've been looking for a reason to upgrade to a newer one.

Freeman 02-07-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 586421)
I have a giant stack of really nice plastic coated business cards for this specific reason. I have no idea where they came from. I think Lwin gave them to me at the 10th anniversary meet. They're really slick.

I'd post a picture, but the logic board died in my computer tonight. It's off to the Apple store in the morning. I've been looking for a reason to upgrade to a newer one.

Apple? There's your problem right there..

Green1995SVX 02-07-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 586423)
Apple? There's your problem right there..

Hey, the one that just died is 7 years old and has never done me wrong. I even dropped it down the steps once. I'm satisfied.

Freeman 02-07-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 586424)
Hey, the one that just died is 7 years old and has never done me wrong. I even dropped it down the steps once. I'm satisfied.

Alright, at least you didn't try to spoon feed me any crap about how apple is "easier to use", etc.. I'll let you and your apple live in peace, for now..

NikFu S. 02-08-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 586380)
Leave a note on the windshield next time!

Yes... a note of complete gibberish! Imagining the look on their face when they see someone's went through the effort of leaving a completely nonsensical note on their windshield would be hilarious.

Bailey 02-08-2009 07:50 AM

I remember seeing a thread about this a while ago on this forum- someone had posted a template for nice cards you can leave on a windshield, also inviting them to join the forum...I bet if you do a search, you would find the thread

Edited to add: I just found the windshield card in Earl's old locker (Ensteele) I think he has about everything in his locker lol

wyldnwoody44 02-08-2009 08:26 AM

Mark my words, im gonna try and recruit!!! next time i see that car in my sights im gonna have a card on that windshield like a fat kid on a cheesburger!!:eek:

subeman90 02-08-2009 11:06 AM

Larry has/had something nice to put on cars. It is a note of some sort that is all typed up and directs people to this website if my memory is correct.