The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello, new to the board. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6129)

Scott 09-26-2002 03:48 AM

Hello, new to the board.

Hello all. I am new to the world of SVX. In 1992, when my dad bought his Legacy, I sat in the show room staring at the black SVX that he said wouldn't make a good family car. Well, as fate came to me early one Saturday and showed me that one was for sale at the local dealership. Now granted it's red which is fine. It has a few paint issues ie.. a few bubbles on the rims, tree sap on top (stupid trees), and the occasional chip or scratch. The CD player thinks CD's taste bad and won't keep them in. The leather is all in good shape as is the whole interior. My name is Scott and I live in Rochester PA. Well, that's long enough for a first post.

Scott

LarryIII 09-26-2002 04:14 AM

Scott,

Welcome to the SVX family. There are some SVXers in your area.
Good Luck with your 'new' car.

Seraph 09-26-2002 04:23 AM

Welcome to the network.

LarryIII 09-26-2002 04:59 AM

Scott,

I just reread your post and noticed that you are in the Rochester, PA area not Rochester, NY area. Sorry. Where is Rochester, PA.
I'm in the Phila. area. I'm also the dysfunctional one in the SVX family.

mohrds 09-26-2002 07:33 AM

<<I'm also the dysfunctional one in the SVX family.>>

Hey! Give credit where credit is due. You should have said "I'm also one of the dysfunctionals in the SVX family"

Welcome Scott. I hope to meet you at Reading IV.

Doug

solarsvx 09-26-2002 07:44 AM

welcome .. the svx bb is great source of info

Aredubjay 09-26-2002 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by solarsvx
Yo, Scott. Welcome! You're gonna like it here. Well, most of the time . . . like when Larry and Doug aren't here. :D

ensteele 09-26-2002 09:25 AM

Randy -

I like it when Larry and Doug are here. It keeps the pressure off of us and they are always good for a few laughs.:D :D :) :p

Oh yea, welcome to the network. Almost forgot!
(actually I did, that is why I had to edit):rolleyes:

solarsvx 09-26-2002 09:28 AM

hey randy kinda off the topic here but has any one heard or seen doug rudd the guy who scamed some people here... just curous

LarryIII 09-26-2002 10:39 AM

Quote:

Solar,

Were having an SVX BarBecue ??? No one told me.
:D :D :D

mohrds 09-26-2002 11:39 AM

<<Were having an SVX BarBecue ??? No one told me.>>

Oh sorry for forgetting to tell you. Its at your house, tonight at 6pm. You are supplying the food, chairs, plates, beer, soda, and box O' wine.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Doug

Aredubjay 09-26-2002 12:07 PM

Quote:

hey randy kinda off the topic here but has any one heard or seen doug rudd the guy who scamed some people here... just curous
No, no one has heard from Mr. Rudd. Sad thing, too. He is the only SVXer I've known that has perpetrated such a breach of trust. Just goes to show, we need to stick with the tight-knit crew that has been here and has proven themselves.

SHISVX 09-26-2002 02:02 PM

welcome scott

i live about 20 minutes from Easton PA. i don't know exactly where you are...but i hope to meet ya in April at Reading!

Kelli

solarsvx 09-26-2002 02:08 PM

sounds good mohrds,,, all svxers invted to my crib,,

its more like a beer b que

randy u arent too old to do beer stands are u LOL

i have a freind who makes hand made beer ,,, ill get some for us, =>

Aredubjay 09-26-2002 04:01 PM

Quote:

randy u arent too old to do beer stands are u LOL

Not at all, Solar. I do them all the time. In fact, I gave up Lemonade stands YEARS ago. :D