The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   it is time for mine electric problem now!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39817)

SVXBart 07-16-2007 07:52 PM

it is time for mine electric problem now!!!

About 4 weeks ago i couldn't start the car-turn the key but nothing happend.
Turned the key again and it starts righ up.One week later again but this time second turn did not worked so i turned my lights off(i got my lights on all the time-my habbit)ac off ,radio of turned key third time and it starts right up.
from that day it was getting worst though.It is lottery now will it start or no?

I had my battery tested at AutoZone=good battery,but my alternator was reading13.8V not 14V.

When i turn key and completly nothing is happening i can hear fuel pump working though.

new symptom for last 3 days:air bag light going on all time.
-first after 10,15 minutes of driving
-now it goes off after car starting(when i'm lucky)and is on again after20 seconds.

I have 5 speed by Tom'Svx
I have electric blow-off valve instaled by SvxFiles about 4 weeks ago
I know got 114000 miles on Her.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance
Bart

SVXRide 07-16-2007 08:35 PM

Electric blow off valve? Is this to simulate having a turbo under the hood?
-Bill
p.s. you can check the airbag for codes using the blue wire in the kickpanel

Trevor 07-16-2007 09:07 PM

An alternator output of 13.8 is OK.

Is the starting problem dependent on the head lights being on? :confused:

SVXBart 07-17-2007 07:53 PM

Is this to simulate having a turbo under the hood?

Bill -valve is for all those civics and acuras at traffic lights only!And it realy scares them off!I love to play with it!:D

Trevor-it seems like shuting lights off is helping ,but now i'm pretty sure that problem is caused bu 5mt swap wires.

Bill- i thought that blue wires under kick panels are for CE light only and you need special conector to red air bag codes?

Landshark 07-17-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXBart
Bill -valve is for all those civics and acuras at traffic lights only!And it realy scares them off!I love to play with it!:D

wow. um.....wow. :(

TomsSVX 07-17-2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
An alternator output of 13.8 is OK.

Is the starting problem dependent on the head lights being on? :confused:

It is because the gauge wire I have been using on 5mt swaps is too small... It seems to work just fine for several months but slowly becomes a problem... I have gone to 14awg wire in my car and it completely cured the issue and I have and will continue to advise others to do the same... i guess because the neutral current is carried through the wires now where as the stock imprezza wires were carrying very small current to the ECU... Thats the only thing that makes sense to me... Either way its the way to go

Tom

TomsSVX 07-17-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
wow. um.....wow. :(

BTW its not a blow off valve... its an exhaust cut-out in which the exhaust bypasses any muffler and dumps straight out after the cat... Makes a lot of noise... to each his own

Tom