The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   teh Legacy GT - Cobb stage 1 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26485)

Landshark 05-29-2005 11:09 AM

teh Legacy GT - Cobb stage 1

got the Cobb Accessport and installed stage 1 today. most reviews (and Cobb) say you need to put around 100 miles on the car before the effects become apparent as the ECU is still learning. i drove it around the neighborhood for about 3 miles after installing it, and wow! i could notice a definite difference! more "throw you back in the seat!"

if it only gets stronger, Landshark will be a very happy boy. :D

also installed a Perrin foam panel filter (free with the AP :) ), and the turbo and BOV make themselves known inside the car. WHOOOSH!

i have a Perrin lightweight (not underdriven) crank pulley sitting here beside me, and that will go in sometime soon.....

immortal_suby 05-29-2005 01:04 PM

Watch out, Chike. Teh Shark has more bite! :D

Landshark 05-29-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Watch out, Chike. Teh Shark has more bite! :D

by the time he gets his FXT, he can get the stage 3 hover turbine upgrade. :D

mbtoloczko 05-29-2005 02:58 PM

Is the SVX getting jealous?

Chiketkd 05-29-2005 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
by the time he gets his FXT, he can get the stage 3 hover turbine upgrade. :D

We'll see what happens... ;)

In my next ride, I'm actually leaning towards getting a better handling car, rather than one that's good in a straight line.

Must have four seats, awd isn't a must and run the 1/4 mile in at least the mid 14's stock and cost <30K. Quite a few choices on the market today...

Either way, when the weather cools down, my SVX should be solidly in the upper 14's. :)

-Chike

SVXRide 05-29-2005 10:21 PM

Doesn't the AccessPort allow you to monitor various aspects of the engine (similar to what a Subaru Select Monitor does)? According to ECUTune's web site, they're working on a similar concept for the SVX.
-Bill

Landshark 05-29-2005 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
Doesn't the AccessPort allow you to monitor various aspects of the engine (similar to what a Subaru Select Monitor does)? According to ECUTune's web site, they're working on a similar concept for the SVX.
-Bill

no, only boost level, and you can read and clear CEL's. you can load different maps - valet and anti-theft modes are interesting. no 87 octane map yet for the LGT, but that might be something to try for a long trip when its available.

Landshark 05-29-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
We'll see what happens... ;)

In my next ride, I'm actually leaning towards getting a better handling car, rather than one that's good in a straight line.

Must have four seats, awd isn't a must and run the 1/4 mile in at least the mid 14's stock and cost <30K. Quite a few choices on the market today...

Either way, when the weather cools down, my SVX should be solidly in the upper 14's. :)

-Chike

944 turbo! ("technically" it has four seats :D ) you could have a frickin' monster for less than $30k! :eek:

i still say you should put the LGT back on your list. it keeps impressing me. a few days ago, a truck in front of me hit a construction cone that was on the centerline of the road, and sent it hurling back at me. with a small flick of the wrist, i swerved right to avoid it, and then left to avoid the next one in the center. this was at 60mph - i amazed myself with my smooth-ass manuevering. :D

the brakes are great - almost STi size front rotors and the vented rears are only .1" smaller that the WRX FRONT rotors. :) i will need new pads - stock ones are too dusty, and some SS brake lines (used to them from the SVX) for a little better feel. as far as suspension, i don't want to go too nuts because i don't want to rattle my teeth out, but something will be needed if i go stage 2 - for the safety of myself and others. :D at minimum some swaybars, and springs that will keep stock ride height.

Chiketkd 05-29-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

i still say you should put the LGT back on your list. it keeps impressing me.

Alan,

The LGT is on my list as is the Forester XT. I won't go into details, but it looks like I'll probably sell my SVX after all (not anytime in the immediate future though). After buying a new house last Friday, my priorities have kinda shifted, and my wife and I just don't have the space for three cars at this time...

Let's just say my short-list spans everything from a 400hp LS2 to a sweet little 3,000lb four seat go-kart that comes from the factory with a one-piece carbon fiber driveshaft!

I plan on test driving at least 5 different cars and making my decision afterwards. This is all I say about it from here on out though... :)

-Chike

Chiketkd 05-29-2005 11:46 PM

Quote:

944 turbo! ("technically" it has four seats :D ) you could have a frickin' monster for less than $30k! :eek:

Sorry, no older Porsche's are on my list. Can't afford the higher interest rates...

-Chike

P.S. One of my 'dream' cars is a 997 Porsche Carrera 4S. N/A porsches just sound wicked!!!!

Landshark 05-30-2005 01:07 AM

Quote:

After buying a new house last Friday, my priorities have kinda shifted, and my wife and I just don't have the space for three cars at this time...

hmmmm...that sounds familiar :D ......went from three cars to one (very soon.)

i gotta do some landscape work tomorrow. :mad:

Shadow248 05-30-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Let's just say my short-list spans everything from a 400hp LS2 to a sweet little 3,000lb four seat go-kart that comes from the factory with a one-piece carbon fiber driveshaft.

You know what my pick would be ;)

But you could have both of the options you listed (effectively)...several members of LS1tech have the last generation RX-7s with LS1 swaps. The LS2 fits in anything that will take an LS1, and GMPP now offers standalone ECM setups for LS2 swaps. Imagine the RX-7 with 400hp/400lbft, and no 50k engine rebuilds!

Royal Tiger 05-30-2005 09:38 AM

If you bump your price point up a little bit, you could cross shop an Infinity G35 Sedan, with or without AWD. The Coupe also has 4 seats, unlike the 350Z.

Chiketkd 05-30-2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow248
You know what my pick would be ;)

But you could have both of the options you listed (effectively)...several members of LS1tech have the last generation RX-7s with LS1 swaps. The LS2 fits in anything that will take an LS1, and GMPP now offers standalone ECM setups for LS2 swaps. Imagine the RX-7 with 400hp/400lbft, and no 50k engine rebuilds!

Ha ha ha! I know. :cool:

I plan on testing driving the cars first before saying anything else. I'm 6ft 2" and I'd want to be sure I not only love the performance, but can be comfortable with my choice in the long run.

I just don't want to make an impulse decsion.

-Chike

Chiketkd 05-30-2005 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA_SVX
If you bump your price point up a little bit, you could cross shop an Infinity G35 Sedan, with or without AWD. The Coupe also has 4 seats, unlike the 350Z.

Depending on price, I wouldn't mind considering a pre-owned model to save a $$$. An '04 G35 coupe could be had in my price range. We'll see what happens.

I kinda feel to young too drive an Infiniti (or Volvo for that matter)... :D

-Chike