The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   dashboard (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11389)

jsvxstyle 06-16-2003 12:30 PM

dashboard

you know when i look at some cars dash, they have cracks and splits, but im for sure everybody svx dont have cracks or splits.
it make me happy i dont have to go threw replacing my dash like my customers to and ending up paying from 1200-2500 for a dash, and install.

WestCoastSVX 06-16-2003 01:08 PM

You are right, I've never heard any complaints about the dash cracking or splitting and never seen it, even on wrecks I've seen with interiors that have been exposed to all sorts of nasty weather. I'm sure the titanium windshield on the upper models (that the majority seem to be) helps, but also the dash material must be quite crack resistant.

What kind of cars do you see this problem on frequently? I noticed before you were working on a high end car, is this a common problem on unexpected models?

jsvxstyle 06-16-2003 01:22 PM

well.. mercedes, porches, audi, bmw, nissan

saab, not the svx

i was noticing that yesterday, after looking at my dads mercedes,

Subafreak 06-16-2003 06:12 PM

I havn't seen to many Nissans with cracked dash's but it seems that the euro cars (Volvo, Mercedes, Jags, ect.) have very hard plastic interiors that are breaking all over the place. I havn't seen a Subaru with a cracked dash since the old L series.

jsvxstyle 06-16-2003 06:19 PM

nissan 300zx dash starts to peel upwards from the defroster vents, jag for sure they do

Subafreak 06-16-2003 06:27 PM

Oh ya? I don't see to many 300ZX's in my shop. Only one and it's pretty clean.

jsvxstyle 06-16-2003 06:33 PM

ahhh you also is a shop owner nice

whats your specialty
subarus and what else

Subafreak 06-16-2003 07:01 PM

I didn't exactly mean my shop. Technically it's my freinds dads shop but me and him are the only ones who work there, so it's maybe 1/4 mine. We work on every damn thing that comes thru the door from MG, old VW's, Motorhomes, tractors, lawnmowers, hell we even have spare Renault motors.

jsvxstyle 06-16-2003 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
I didn't exactly mean my shop. Technically it's my freinds dads shop but me and him are the only ones who work there, so it's maybe 1/4 mine. We work on every damn thing that comes thru the door from MG, old VW's, Motorhomes, tractors, lawnmowers, hell we even have spare Renault motors.
well aleast you dont have to deal with the new car with softwareproblem, i rather be working there, instead of buying modics for bmw, star for mbz, list goes on, and on

1/4 = yours buddy

Subafreak 06-16-2003 07:11 PM

Thats all right theres a guy down the road that we send all the wierd BMW, MBz, and Volvo problems too. He specializes in them and he can have em, dosn't hurt my feelings at all.

jsvxstyle 06-16-2003 07:13 PM

but those are big money maker. dont turn them down. if you need help on solving problems, let me know, thats what i specialize in.

Subafreak 06-16-2003 07:25 PM

Thanks for the offer, if I get stuck with one I know who to call. We really don't need the extra work or agravation tho. As far as the big money goes, this ain't Cali.

svxjoe 06-17-2003 06:39 PM

what does crack is ....

I've noticed...that in the back window that little piece of plastic that houses the windshield wiper part....that it gets weathered and dried out, which makes it easy to crack or crumble.

-SVXJoe:cool: