The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One Dead Svx (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34448)

Htownsvx 07-28-2006 10:59 AM

One Dead Svx

:eek: :mad: :( WELL it has not been a good week for me i spent about $300 on brake, rotor and other stuff and then on wensday some lady deside it would be a good idea to kill my svx and sideswiped me.
we were doing about 45mph and this lady does not even look and she take a left and hit my baby in the right front corterpanle. so it is totaled. the frame is out of line she it so hard the roof has waves in it over the driverside door.
but alot of the car is still good like the engine and the tran i just had it fixed about 30,000 miles ago. so when i get my check im going to need a new svx. i dont care about if it runs or if the trans is good. i need a svx that the body it good and i have the rest. so if anyone know of a svx in good shape that has a bad tran. i know it is hard to hear about such a bad thing

DarknessofDeath 07-28-2006 11:23 AM

yeah...i know how it is getting the svx totalled...
watched the jeep cherokee slam my car too

Budfreak 07-28-2006 12:31 PM

Sorry to hear it man. Glad your OK at least.

SSSVX 07-28-2006 07:07 PM

Some ladies on the roads just don't know how to drive...

DanSVX94 07-28-2006 09:03 PM

was the beyatch on a cellphone too?

Speedklix 07-28-2006 10:33 PM

My beater has a scrape in the side from a woman who thought nothing of backing her SUV into the spot next to mine while on the cellphone and drinking iced coffee :rolleyes:... stereotypes or trend? I'm not sure... but there it is.

Electrophil 07-29-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSVX94
was the beyatch on a cellphone too?

That's the first thing I pictured, some broad on a cell phone driving an SUV. She had this undying need to have herself entertained at someone else's expense on that short drive to the mall. She probably didn't even hang up, and started telling whoever she was talking to all about her new adventure.

And the person she was talking too? Yeah, they were probably disappointed the accident didn't cut her vocal cords.

I know this from personal experience when that 17 year old slammed into me. She never even hung up. She gets out of the car appologizing with that phone still superglued to her ear.

Htownsvx 07-30-2006 11:06 AM

i dont know whats is up with some of the women today but you guys were right on the money she never go of the phone and she said "oh im so soory are you alright" and she was still on the phone

i will have the pics up soon my dig camera is out of town. i should have the pics on tuesday

SubaRyu 07-30-2006 01:50 PM

I'm sorry about what happened. Glad you are Ok.

Is talking on cell phone while driving still not illegal in the states? I'm so tired of seeing those people on the road. Sadly all I can do now is... stay away from those or expect they will hit you any time. too sad.

Sr240sx 07-31-2006 12:06 AM

I talk on my cell on the road, but never in heavy freeway traffic (too dangerous) and when i do, i make sure I'm double checking everything I do, even at the expense of whomever I'm talking to.

SilverSpear 07-31-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
That's the first thing I pictured, some broad on a cell phone driving an SUV. She had this undying need to have herself entertained at someone else's expense on that short drive to the mall. She probably didn't even hang up, and started telling whoever she was talking to all about her new adventure.

X2. Sorry to hear about the accident :mad:

Earthworm 08-01-2006 01:08 PM

If it's not illegal to talk on a cell phone when driving it should be. Another thread on this site has a discussion on this topic. It's also worse to be driving and on a cell phone than driving drunk!

When my phone rings while I'm driving my passengers answer it or I ignore it.

ensteele 08-01-2006 11:15 PM

I hope that is included in the police report - the phone thing that is. :mad:

Electrophil 08-02-2006 08:08 AM

I'm old school, and don't even have a leash... I mean cell phone.

My wife bought this doo wah at Sharper Image that attaches to the head rest bars. (We don't have then on SVX's).

It has a built in speaker and microphone, runs on 8 AA batteries and is completely hands free. She loves it, and it's safe.

I, of course am still stuck with "entertaining" her as she drives, when I could be here in the political forum raising Lee's blood pressure. :(

Htownsvx 08-03-2006 11:34 AM

pics

here are the pics of what she did