The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Off Topic or NOT? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7708)

$VX 12-21-2002 09:34 AM

Off Topic or NOT?

Since its apparent that some of you feel that the ONLY thing we should talk about on this forum is the SVX, excluding all other cars, excluding all other ideas, and ONLY talk about the SVX, I am making a poll here. Note that anything not relating to the SVX would be considered 'off topic' and not welcome on this forum; Kelli passing her nurse thing would be an example, so would the hijack thread, so would the thread about top speed, etc etc etc.

Please THINK before you vote. If you vote SVX TOPICS ONLY, then nothing should be posted on this forum that doesn't relate to hte SVX.

Personally, I view this specific forums (general SVX babble) as THE place for off topic threads; its title is General SVX babble, which means that its the place to babble and chatter, not only about SVXs, but just if you own one or are a fan of them. We have OTHER forums for other subjects, the tech forum is for technical problems ideas, and hte mod forum is for upgrades- so it makes sense that we can post off topic ideas in this specific forum.

Anyway, g'luck all.

- Ca$h

SHISVX 12-21-2002 09:55 AM

would you stop with the o/t bull?? who cares, if you don't have any interest in reading something, don't! more of your stuff is off topic then mine, such as this thread...the responce to the hijack thread....and so on. we like to have the some what of a family atmosphere, even if we want to put some of our kids up for adoption

Kelli

$VX 12-21-2002 09:58 AM

Yeah I know! I agree 100% Kelli! But in the 'chill out cash' thread, a few members stated that they ONLY want to talk about SVXs in here, nothing else whatsoever. I disagree. I like talking about SVXs, and hearing about your nursing degree, etc etc. Variety makes life more interesting, and thats what I'm trying to prove here.

- Ca$h

Landshark 12-21-2002 10:03 AM

i think off-topic threads are interesting and let you get to know the people on here better. i wouldn't even mind a Neon thread every so often as its own thread, but when Neons permeate every thread on the forum, that is when they get hard to read. of course, I'VE never been guilty of going off-topic :p

SHISVX 12-21-2002 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
Yeah I know! I agree 100% Kelli! But in the 'chill out cash' thread, a few members stated that they ONLY want to talk about SVXs in here, nothing else whatsoever. I disagree. I like talking about SVXs, and hearing about your nursing degree, etc etc. Variety makes life more interesting, and thats what I'm trying to prove here.

- Ca$h

as you may have read, i kinda stuck up for you, but sometimes enough o/t is enough...

Kelli

$VX 12-21-2002 10:05 AM

But I've never done that - people just keep making mountains out of molehills.

- Ca$h

PS: So far its 100% we can go off topic. Woohoo!

Seraph 12-21-2002 10:11 AM

Dude, you are not helping yourself at this moment. That's all I can say...

$VX 12-21-2002 10:27 AM

I dunno man, 100% still. And you aren't boring. :P

- Ca$h

Seraph 12-21-2002 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
And you aren't boring. :P

- Ca$h

montypython 12-21-2002 11:38 AM

More often than not, it's not whats being said, but whose saying it.

Uncamitzi 12-21-2002 12:01 PM

TROLL ALERT!!!! TROLL ALERT!!!

Gee I guess that's what I don't like about neons

There driven by Trolls.....

Bye the way... I didn't read your posts cash. I don't have to .... everyone else seems to quote you to the negitive... Grow up. Go Driving.... Have fun... but some how... be nice..... Thank you..:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

mohrds 12-21-2002 02:05 PM

The tables have turned

OK People.

Enough!!!!

Everyone back to your corners.

Rob posted a calm, very relevant topic and reply after reply has been a character assassination against him.

Other than the last item in the poll, He didn't use vulgarity, it wasn't hostile, he didn't mention any other cars. Rob, you were close to having a perfect thread, but not close enough.

If some of you think that harassing and berating Rob constantly is the best way to deal with him, then I rate you even more immature than he used to be.

Rob, this post is an excellent example of how you have tried to be nicer. You still need to scale back on starting hostile flame fests, but I'm seeing fewer of them from you and more from others.

I thought you people were better than this...

Doug

Andy 12-21-2002 02:41 PM

Well said Doug.

Although sometimes amusing, he gets a lot of unjustified abuse. Of course he can be irritating at times but I am starting to find him rather cute. (In a fatherly sort of way)

Aredubjay 12-21-2002 02:47 PM

Everyone knows (well, almost everyone) that O/T posts are always welcomed here. It's is when ONE SINGLE SUBJECT begins to predominate the entire forum that things become tiresome.

It's also when people post stuff simply to stir up controversy, and to provoke and to simply be annoying that the taste begins to become bitter in people's mouths.

And, just to note, people can be vulgar without vulgarity. The "tone" of the post (i.e. some people here . . . . blah, blah, blah) by its very nature is vulgar in that it's a challenge, not a poll, and it is completely unnecessary. I won't dignify it by placing a vote. BLECH!

I_Alcyone_I 12-21-2002 03:11 PM

Re: TROLL ALERT!!!! TROLL ALERT!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncamitzi
Gee I guess that's what I don't like about neons

There driven by Trolls.....

Bye the way... I didn't read your posts cash. I don't have to .... everyone else seems to quote you to the negitive... Grow up. Go Driving.... Have fun... but some how... be nice..... Thank you..:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm sorry but i have to say something here, you said you didnt read his post and you are bashing him, that is probobly true about most of the threads that blow up. On Ca$h's first couple of posts maybe he didnt make the right decisions, but now everytime he makes a post people try to read the worst out of it, or like you just did don't even read it and then jump to conclusions. You seem to be purposly antagonizing him into a fight, and then everyone blames him 100%.