The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   So Long Maynard G. Krebs (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28293)

LarryIII 09-07-2005 07:30 AM

So Long Maynard G. Krebs

Bob Denver passed away last night. He is now bringing more laughter to heaven.
Many of you knew him as Gilligan.
As a young man he played beatnik Maynard G. Krebs on a 1/2 hour sitcom called the Life & Loves of Dobie Gillis. He was the sidekick of the show's main character.

Mr. Pockets 09-07-2005 09:32 AM

CNN has a really good article on Bob Denver right now. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

RojoRocket 09-07-2005 10:07 AM

"work?.....WORK!! :eek: RIP

Glenn

SVXphile 09-07-2005 08:41 PM

Bob Denver

Bob lived the last years of his life just down the road from us in Princeton, WV.
He loved the state and always said WV should be turned into one big national park. He even started an "oldies" radio station in town that called itself "Little Buddy" Radio. :)

RIP Gilligan...

Don

ensteele 09-07-2005 08:45 PM

One of my all time favorites. He will be missed. RIP Little Buddy. :)

SVXRide 09-07-2005 09:00 PM

Definitely a cultural icon...in a TV-centric way
Any idea if he had health problems? 70 is kinda young to be passing away these days.
-Bill

SVXtra 09-07-2005 09:10 PM

I'm a lot older than most of the members of this forum [class of 67] and grew up watching shows like Have Gun Will Travel,The Many Lives of Dobie Gilli's,Superman,The Mickey Mouse Club,Howdy Doody,etc,etc. I will always have fond memories of Dobie,Herbert and Winnie his parents on the show who operated a small neighborhood grocery store. Zelda who had the hots for Dobbie and was always giving him advise on girls especially. Chatsworth the rich kid. And of course Maynard G.Krebs the real star of the show. Warren Betty played Milton. Dwayne Hickmans real life brother Darryl played Davey Gillis and a young Michael J. Pollard also played as one of Dobbies brothers on a few occasions. And lets not forget the beautiful Tuesday Weld as Thaila.

RIP Bob Denver because you will always be remembered

Ron Mummert 09-07-2005 10:31 PM

Dwayne Hickmans real life brother Darryl played Davey Gillis ......

Anybody remember Dwane Hickman as Bob Cummings' nephew on "The Bob Cummings Show"?

Ron (filled with useless '50s trivia). :rolleyes:

LarryIII 09-08-2005 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Mummert
Dwayne Hickmans real life brother Darryl played Davey Gillis ......

Anybody remember Dwane Hickman as Bob Cummings' nephew on "The Bob Cummings Show"?

Ron (filled with useless '50s trivia). :rolleyes:

Ron,

Unfortunately, I am old enough to say yes.

Aredubjay 09-08-2005 08:20 AM

"G-I-DOUBLE L-I, G-A-N spells Gilligan!"

Yes, and I still remembered him as "Maynard G." -- He'll be missed.

LarryIII 09-08-2005 12:31 PM

I think that Mary Ann is the only one of the Minnow's crew and passengers that is still with us.
I can't remember if Ginger (Tina Louise) is still around.

dcarrb 09-08-2005 12:46 PM

Ginger is still alive.

(Mary Ann was prettier.)

dcb

Earthworm 09-08-2005 12:47 PM

You're forgetting the Professor and Mary Ann. According to imdb.com they're still around.

SVXphile 09-08-2005 03:30 PM

Causes

He died of cancer. He had a major heart bypass surgery last year or earlier this year....I can't recall exactly.

Don