The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Western Colorado meet!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7955)

Zeppelin 01-04-2003 07:29 PM

Western Colorado meet!!

OK guys, it's been decided! Michelle and I picked February 22nd as the meet date. We will meet in Grand Junction, at the park and ride directly off I-70. Exit 37 (Clifton).. If you get off the right exit you'll definitely see us! We will probably meet around 1 and once everybody shows up we will hit the Monument, then stop someplace for dinner. If you're interested, let either Michelle or I know so we can make sure to look out for ya!

DNSB 01-05-2003 09:39 AM

Luckly you guys decided, I was about to post a meet for Craig!
Hahah
I'll go to the meet

~Deja~

CDG 01-05-2003 07:53 PM

hey, I was just about ready to say I'd like to come. Did a little check on my Street Atlas USA, and its only 1232.2 miles from the USA border, maybe next time.

Um, is it warm there in February?

CDG 01-06-2003 02:29 AM

Or is it more like boarding weather?

MNYPNNY 01-06-2003 06:20 PM

No, it's not warm here the end of February. Yes, it's more like boarding weather. And there is a ski resort not far from here.
Wanna make the trip? ;)

~~Michelle

swtsu 01-06-2003 07:11 PM

Sweet Sue wants to meet some other SVX's and so do I so count us in for the meet. Are there any prizes for the first one to the top of the monument? :D

Vern 'n Sue

CDG 01-06-2003 10:12 PM

I think that if there will be other SVx's, and good riding conditions , I could be persuaded to make the trip.

Zeppelin 01-07-2003 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by swtsu
Are there any prizes for the first one to the top of the monument? :D

You can definitely have that award! I drove up there over the weekend and I won't be racing anybody up that road for a loooooooong time!

Uncamitzi 01-07-2003 11:51 AM

I've put in my todo list!

I will try.. this may be the closest I get to a meet! I've already started praying to the tranny god... :rolleyes:

subymtnguy 01-08-2003 06:24 AM

West Co. meet.....

Have it marked on my calendar, but don't know for sure yet...Would anyone like to do a day at Powderhorn on Sunday the 23rd? I hear it is a good bargain...

Mitch: How's the new gig going? I hope we both can make it to this gathering...

Zeppelin 01-08-2003 09:28 AM

Tom, hope you can make it! I'll have a 6 pack of tea iced down for ya :)

Uncamitzi 01-08-2003 09:37 AM

Re: West Co. meet.....

Quote:

Originally posted by subymtnguy
Have it marked on my calendar, but don't know for sure yet...Would anyone like to do a day at Powderhorn on Sunday the 23rd? I hear it is a good bargain...

Mitch: How's the new gig going? I hope we both can make it to this gathering...

New gig is great.... May even get time off when I want it to come East! Haven't been to Colo for 15 years... I used to love that drive on I-70 to denver.:)

CDG 01-08-2003 05:36 PM

I would like to do some boarding if I can make it.

MNYPNNY 01-08-2003 06:14 PM

I'm not a skiier but I know that Powderhorn is a good deal compared to the more glamorous destinations.
Here's the website: www.powderhorn.com
The drive up there is a lot of fun too, as long as you don't get behind someone who wants to do 40 all the way up!
There is also "Old Powderhorn" which is a sledding hill for those who aren't interested in skiing/boarding. It's free, you just gotta bring your sled/tube, and there's no lift.
Really starting to look forward to this little meet!

~~Michelle

Ron Mummert 01-08-2003 07:08 PM

Re: Western Colorado meet!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Zeppelin
OK guys, it's been decided! Michelle and I picked February 22nd as the meet date. We will meet in Grand Junction, at the park and ride directly off I-70. Exit 37 (Clifton).. If you get off the right exit you'll definitely see us! We will probably meet around 1 and once everybody shows up we will hit the Monument, then stop someplace for dinner. If you're interested, let either Michelle or I know so we can make sure to look out for ya!

Hey, Mark, does this move to Colorado mean you won't be joining us in Reading for brandy & cigars this year?

Ron.