The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just ordered my new AMR Engineering Coilovers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60228)

steveherman 07-15-2012 05:28 PM

Just ordered my new AMR Engineering Coilovers

I just ordered mine.
8-Way Rebound Adjustable Coilovers
About $1500.
Should be ready in 5-6 weeks.
LIFETIME WARRANTY MADE IN THE USA!!!

He also has a svx suspension to model his coilovers from... so no issues with fitment.

He said to me "now is the time for you guys to get in on this"
so lets make this worth his time.
grab the credit cards.

The svx is not on their online catalog YET so you need to contact them to order.
The guys name is Andy.
Great guy to talk with.

SVXMAN2001 07-15-2012 06:45 PM

Re: Just ordered my new AMR Engineering Coilovers

Great work on getting this to fruition. I am very interested, however hesitant to throw down $1,500 without more info (specifics, real world driving impressions, spring rates). I currently have the koni/gc setup with 450/375 and that is way too stiff. Are AMR'S spring rates in that ballpark?

I am looking for something that is very close to a new stock suspension. If this is more of a track type of suspension i may just suck it up and buy dayle's springs, use my old koni's and call it a day.

The video outlining their machining process is nice, but what about the rest of the coilover?? I may have to give Andy a call...

steveherman 07-15-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 (Post 708141)
I am looking for something that is very close to a new stock suspension. If this is more of a track type of suspension i may just suck it up and buy dayle's springs, use my old koni's and call it a day.

I am looking for same.
Very close too stock... maybe a tad stiffer.
I told Andy that also and told him to use whatever spring he thinks will fit my needs.
And if too stiff for me... he said 58bucks each for a different spring load.
He said with his valving that a heavier spring can be still relatively soft with proper valving and adjustment to his coilover.

kjoyes 07-15-2012 08:47 PM

what are the specs on the stock springs?

icingdeath88 07-15-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Great work on getting this to fruition. I am very interested, however hesitant to throw down $1,500 without more info (specifics, real world driving impressions, spring rates). I currently have the koni/gc setup with 450/375 and that is way too stiff. Are AMR'S spring rates in that ballpark?

The video outlining their machining process is nice, but what about the rest of the coilover?? I may have to give Andy a call...

Why not just get new springs for the ground control setup? Replacement springs should be pretty cheap. Call ground control, their number is on their website. That would be waaaaay easier/cheaper than doing a new setup. And anyway if you got rid of the stock spring perches like should have been done when the ground control setup was put together, you can't use Dayle's springs.

icingdeath88 07-15-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjoyes (Post 708146)
what are the specs on the stock coilovers?

The stock springs are around 160 lb/inch front and 100 rear. Actually, after ~20 years, now they are even softer.

Tapani 07-15-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 708148)
Actually, after ~20 years, now they are even softer.

Ice, how's this? The modulus of elasticity changes :rolleyes: ? Or do they just sag (static) :eek:?

Tapani

Lookin4SVX 07-15-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapani (Post 708152)
Ice, how's this? The modulus of elasticity changes :rolleyes: ? Or do they just sag (static) :eek:?

Tapani

Because they are springs, and springs spend their life trying to be in a state of being unsprung?

icingdeath88 07-15-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapani (Post 708152)

Tapani

I dunno man. I'm a chemist, not a metallurgist.

Lookin4SVX 07-17-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveherman (Post 708136)
"now is the time for you guys to get in on this"
so lets make this worth his time.
grab the credit cards.

I am very interested in this, my struts are shot...
I was going to do the koni thing.. but then I heard that koni is no longer is making the svx inserts.
Then I heard svxfiles say he had problems with the last few sets of konis...

So here I sit with $2,000 in an envelope marked SVX suspension... and there is no bolt on, lifetime warranty, struts option to spend it on..

With the vaporware of the cold air intake..and the not so bolt on, bolt on coilovers from Taiwan...
I am not willing to jump on this until there is a set bolted to an svx without any modification needed.

I am a bit nervous when it comes to shelling out cash for a product that no one has running on their car...

I love my SVX, but if this turns out to be more fail, I will likely just sell my svx.
There is no point in owning a subaru that you cant buy a suspension for...

EDIT:
I just need something that is slightly stiffer than stock, for hard street driving..

LetItSnow 07-18-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

The set of Dayle's springs that I had on my Pearly were different from the 1992 worn original equipment mostly in that the back end was low enough for 225 width tires in proper offset to rub the rear fenders. With the car parked, I couldn't put a finger between the tire and the top of the fender. They were on my car for a very short period of time, replaced by a set of Koni/GCs. I recommend them if your goal is solely an inch plus drop.

steveherman 07-18-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX (Post 708311)
I am very interested in this, my struts are shot...

So here I sit with $2,000 in an envelope marked SVX suspension... and there is no bolt on, lifetime warranty, struts option to spend it on..

I am not willing to jump on this until there is a set bolted to an svx without any modification needed.

EDIT:
I just need something that is slightly stiffer than stock, for hard street driving..

these will be lifetime.
and these will not leave his shop until they are positively gonna be bolt on.
just do it.

Conn SVX 07-18-2012 06:53 AM

Wow! Sounds like a good deal . I hate to see another SVX leave the shores of Conn. lost 3 or 4 already this year.

svxcess 07-18-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveherman (Post 708317)
These will be lifetime.
And these will not leave his shop until they are positively gonna be bolt on.
Just do it.

(360) 727-8026

Gamesy 07-19-2012 07:04 PM

I Smell Group Buy?