The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rebuilding Air Conditioning compressor (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54943)

alia176 07-02-2010 08:41 AM

Rebuilding Air Conditioning compressor

Does anyone have any knowledge of where to obtain rebuild kits for A/C compressors? Please, don't tell me about reman A/C compressors, I'm well aware of them. I just want to know where to get parts to rebuild our A/C compressors. Mine is leaking from the case and it's worth my time (unemployed, have lots of time :() to rebuild it and if I fail, I can always buy a new one.

Our compressors are Diesel Kiki Model# DCW17BE. For the life of me I can't find any source online for rebuild kits.

Thanks.

alia176 07-04-2010 11:03 AM

Re: Rebuilding Air Conditioning compressor

Found two sources for rebuild kits:

Santech
Sunair Products USA

Once I take the unit apart, I'll see what is leaking.

SVXMAN2001 07-04-2010 04:22 PM

Hey Alia, good find. Just to make sure, the model compressor you are referring to is for a 92, correct? Myself and others will certainly appreciate these sources when it comes time to rebuild our compressors. This comes at the perfect time since this is my new project.

alia176 07-21-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 (Post 651733)
Hey Alia, good find. Just to make sure, the model compressor you are referring to is for a 92, correct? Myself and others will certainly appreciate these sources when it comes time to rebuild our compressors. This comes at the perfect time since this is my new project.

That's correct, the vehicle is a '92. I need to tear into mine so that I can see what parts need to be ordered. Hopefully I can order from one of the two vendors even though I'm not a shop!

SURTEESS 07-21-2010 05:50 PM

Are 92's different from other years?

1986nate 07-21-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SURTEESS (Post 653176)
Are 92's different from other years?

In the US, yes for the simple fact of the conversion from R12 to R134a refridgerants that was required do to more strict EPA standards. Mechanically they should all be about the same though.

haribole 04-13-2012 10:37 AM

Hi Alia

How did the rebuild of your AC compressor go?

Thanks

alia176 04-13-2012 10:42 AM

Sadly, I chickened out and bought a brand new unit from http://www.dealerdirectparts.com/Sea...fineBy_92=8900 for $450 with free shipping.

Interestingly enough, I just finished rebuilding a Denso A/C compressor for another one of my cars and boy, was that easy. I don't know if the Diesel Kiki Model# DCW17BE unit for the SVX just as easy or not.

Tapani 04-13-2012 10:11 PM

Alia, did you ever pull the old one apart? I think the control solenoid for the variable discharge is stuck on mine and I'd hate to replace the whole thing just because of this...... I have not been able to find an overhaul manual for the compressor..... would be nice to see how the discharge control is put together :).

Thanks,

Tapani

alia176 04-14-2012 07:09 AM

You know I haven't pulled it apart but I still have mine on the bench and was curious about what's inside. Let me see if I can find the time this weekend to pull it apart. I'm a little more confident now that I've rebuilt a Denso unit. If you find an exploded view or the unit, email it to me pls. alia176 at yahoo

Thanks.

Conn SVX 04-14-2012 12:32 PM

Please take pictures if you do it! How did you come to the assumption it was the compressor and not a leak someplace else?:confused:

alia176 04-14-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conn SVX (Post 702231)
Please take pictures if you do it! How did you come to the assumption it was the compressor and not a leak someplace else?:confused:

The A/C shop declared the leak was coming from the "back" of the compressor using their fancy sniffer of some kind. Since this was a refurb'ed unit, I opted to buy a brand new unit.