The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Picked up my Steel Gray WRX TR today!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31194)

Chiketkd 01-28-2006 05:14 PM

Picked up my Steel Gray WRX TR today!!!

I've been running on adrenaline since taking delivery earlier today just before noon. Definitely very pleased in every way with my new WRX TR: the purchasing experience at Pence Subaru was A+; my salesman Bill Fallon was straight forward an honest throughout the entire process; we were in-and-out in roughly 75 minutes; my new car looks amazing and moves like lightning! :cool:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...6/b3757777.jpg

Only issue that arose was with a sales manager who took the car on a long business trip, so when I picked her up today she had a tad over 2,000 miles. :eek: However, the price was reduced and with my 30% deposit and 5% interest rate, my monthly payments are less than $300 for the next 5 years!

I bought 2 oil filters while at the dealership and picked up a 5 quart container of Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic oil. I'll do an oil change tomorrow and then gradually start taking the revs above 4,000rpms over the next few weeks. ;)

Here are a few more pics!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...6/55c30652.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...6/b8d68a61.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...6/1fad5563.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...6/60e81e97.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...6/b74a1d09.jpg

The new 2.5L turbo engine in the '06 WRXs is a torque monster and makes the car a breeze to drive off-boost around town and on the highway. I took her along a few twisty backroads and there's definitely a lot less body roll compared to my former SVX. However, the driving position doesn't feel as *sporty* since I'm sitting more upright in a 4 door sedan compared to a low slung SVX.

I also doubt I'll be allowing anyone else to drive my car anytime soon - the clutch is still brand new and extremely grabby. I definitely would hate for someone inexperienced to damage the synchros or the trans itself while she's still brand new.

Looking forward to SCCA D-stock autoX competition this year! :cool:

-Chike

SilverSpear 01-28-2006 05:20 PM

Congrats Chike! sweet looking machine :cool: you got there, I know you will take care of her as you did with your former SVX.

I tell you again, do not forget us :D :D :D :p :p

Chiketkd 01-28-2006 05:53 PM

Thanks Danny! I'll still be on this forum quite often. All of my closest Subaru friends are here! :)

-Chike

Budfreak 01-28-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I also doubt I'll be allowing anyone else to drive my car anytime soon - the clutch is still brand new and extremely grabby. I definitely would hate for someone inexperienced to damage the synchros or the trans itself while she's still brand new.

sniffle sniffle:(

Glad to hear you like it. Congrats.;)

ensteele 01-28-2006 06:03 PM

I like the color of it. :) It is a good looking car. :D

Chiketkd 01-28-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budfreak1
sniffle sniffle:(

Glad to hear you like it. Congrats.;)

Sorry Jason. It's just very easy to grind the synchros when the trans is this fresh. Luckily, I haven't done it so far...

Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I like the color of it. :) It is a good looking car. :D

Coming from you Earl, I take that as a huge compliment. Thanks! :)

-Chike

immortal_suby 01-28-2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Only issue that arose was with a sales manager who took the car on a long business trip, so when I picked her up today she had a tad over 2,000 miles. :eek:

I'll do an oil change tomorrow and then gradually start taking the revs above 4,000rpms over the next few weeks. ;)

-Chike

heh heh - sounds like she might have already got a hard break in. I'd have not accepted the car if it was supposed to be FOB and had 2k instead.

Landshark 01-28-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
heh heh - sounds like she might have already got a hard break in. I'd have not accepted the car if it was supposed to be FOB and had 2k instead.

+1

especially a long business trip - you are not supposed to drive a long way at constant rpm on the highway during break-in.

that's really some B.S there.

Chiketkd 01-28-2006 07:52 PM

At the end of the day, the mileage wasn't a big deal for me. The car wasn't beaten up, and while highway miles during break-in aren't the best, with modern engines it really doesn't matter as much.

I got the car I wanted, at a great price and a very affordable monthly payment. At the end of the day, I'm happy with my WRX! :)

-Chike

SVXelerator 01-28-2006 07:58 PM

Mr. Chike-RayBob,
Congratulations on the purchase of your new car...yet I am sorry to inform you that your new bride has no doubt had many 6,000 rpm + "partners" (thanks to the salesperson's "trip") prior to meeting you...may the piston ring and turbo housing seal Gods be with you....

Landshark 01-28-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

At the end of the day, the mileage wasn't a big deal for me. The car wasn't beaten up, and while highway miles during break-in aren't the best, with modern engines it really doesn't matter as much.

I got the car I wanted, at a great price and a very affordable monthly payment. At the end of the day, I'm happy with my WRX! :)

-Chike

these things have horrible gas mileage even with a proper break-in......hope yours isn't fooked even worse, or something else.....

congrats, and enjoy it. :)

AppStateSVX 01-28-2006 08:51 PM

stop the negativity ya'll, :rolleyes:

Chike, congrats bro, stay around, you've def. been a huge part of this community, I hope you return to the SVX soon:D

Bobb 01-28-2006 09:08 PM

New Car

Hi Chike, It is always great to see someone get a new ride. Especially if it is someone from the SVX site. Of course you can't get a new SVX, but after not having any SVXs since 1997, A WRX is a good choice. The car looks nice. I don't think I would worry about the few extra miles on it. But, you must wonder what the "MORON" who drove it was thinking with a car that was sold. So enjoy the car. In a lifetime you don't get to do it that often. Take care, BOBB

Chiketkd 01-28-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXelerator
Mr. Chike-RayBob,
Congratulations on the purchase of your new car...yet I am sorry to inform you that your new bride has no doubt had many 6,000 rpm + "partners" (thanks to the salesperson's "trip") prior to meeting you...may the piston ring and turbo housing seal Gods be with you....

I did get a separate warranty from the dealer for six months stating that if anything on the car fails (motor, trans, etc.) they'll replace it and cover 100% of the parts and 100% of the labor. This is on top of the factory warranty and was provided to me at zero cost.

The sales manager is also an older gentleman and they've never had any problems in the years he's worked there with any cars he's broken-in.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
these things have horrible gas mileage even with a proper break-in......hope yours isn't fooked even worse, or something else.....

congrats, and enjoy it. :)

I checked my gas mileage this evening and she's getting 25.7mpg in a 60/40 mix of highway and city driving with the heater on. Also checked the dip stick this afternoon and it's right at the FULL mark. So gas mileage is great and there's no sign of the engine burning oil.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
stop the negativity ya'll, :rolleyes:

Chike, congrats bro, stay around, you've def. been a huge part of this community, I hope you return to the SVX soon:D

Thanks! A little less negativity in this world is always a good thing! :)

I'll definitely stick around and may even consider picking up another SVX in 2-3 years. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobb
Hi Chike, It is always great to see someone get a new ride. Especially if it is someone from the SVX site. Of course you can't get a new SVX, but after not having any SVXs since 1997, A WRX is a good choice. The car looks nice. I don't think I would worry about the few extra miles on it. But, you must wonder what the "MORON" who drove it was thinking with a car that was sold. So enjoy the car. In a lifetime you don't get to do it that often. Take care, BOBB

To be honest Bobb, the car wasn't sold. After testing driving it two weeks ago, I didn't have a firm date of when I was going to pick her up (as the sale of my SVX hadn't taken place yet). Once things were set on my side, I called my sales guy up around the middle of the week and he moved my car off the main lot to the side and put a reserved sticker on her.

I definitely will enjoy her greatly! :)

-Chike

Landshark 01-28-2006 10:59 PM

i wasn't trying to be negative, and there is most likely nothing wrong with the car, but that just seems like some B.S. that the dealer pulled. you have a *new* car reserved, and the day that you've agreed to come to purchase it it has 2000 miles on it???

i hope you got a good discount, because in my eyes, it wouldn't really be a *new* car anymore.

i would have also wrung them out for an extended warranty and some optional equipment. ;) :D :D