The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Service Shop Reviews (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   West Virginia SVX Master Tech (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30966)

TomsSVX 01-18-2006 07:12 PM

West Virginia SVX Master Tech

That old Tom SVXfiles is an awsome SVX mechanic and I would love to reffer(spelling?) him to everyone. He does good work so send svxfiles a pm about doing some stuff for YOU!!!

Tom

SVXRide 01-18-2006 08:37 PM

Having driven 3 hours on several occassions to have SVXFiles work on my car, I only have the highest praise for his dedication and expertise when working on the SVX!!
-Bill

Chiketkd 01-18-2006 09:13 PM

Just last weekend I had Svxfiles replace the 4.44 4EAT in my car for a fresh one for the new owner of my car. Great work at a reasonable price from a very knowledge and honest gentleman! :)

-Chike

ensteele 01-18-2006 11:43 PM

I wish he was closer to this side of the US. :D :D

Earthworm 01-19-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

You could hire him full time as your personal mechanic :D

TomsSVX 01-19-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

Like I said, move East Earl, Move EAST!! This way we can drop in and take a look at your amazing herd of SVXi:D

Tom

svxcess 01-19-2006 10:55 AM

I'm going to Tom's house tonight after work (about 2.5 hr. drive). Tomorrow he will be fabricating a new exhaust system, with the Magnaflow Hi-flow cat (like Chike's) and Dayle's resonator.

We will also do the front and rear polyurethane swaybar bushings and the "$15.00 suspension mod". Also replacing the fuel duct hose to the gas tank (hoping we don't have to drop the tank itself) This may take most of the day Friday, maybe into early Saturday. I think Chike is coming up on Saturday to get work done as well.

Tom is a very exacting and professional Subaru mechanic and master fabricator. I was really impressed after having the chance to drive his custom-supercharged SVX.

Chiketkd 01-19-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
I think Chike is coming up on Saturday to get work done as well.

Yup, I'll be up there getting a few odd-and-ends done before Myxalplyx takes delivery of my car next Wednesday. Hopefully, Tom and I will be able to start working on his engine swap for the s/c claret before noon Saturday! :cool:

Hope to see you Saturday morning John.

-Chike

svxcess 01-19-2006 01:13 PM

Hopefully he will be done with mine by Saturday. If we encounter any difficulty (especially with the fuel duct issue and the tank) in may cross over into part of Saturday as well.

Maybe I'll hang around and help you guys on Saturday as well.

If we blow up my car, I may have to catch a ride back with you.:eek:

Chiketkd 01-19-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

If we blow up my car, I may have to catch a ride back with you.:eek:

That won't be a problem! ;)

-Chike

svxcess 01-22-2006 01:18 AM

Quote:

I'm going to Tom's house tonight after work (about 2.5 hr. drive). Tomorrow he will be fabricating a new exhaust system, with the Magnaflow Hi-flow cat (like Chike's) and Dayle's resonator.

We will also do the front and rear polyurethane swaybar bushings and the "$15.00 suspension mod". Also replacing the fuel duct hose to the gas tank (hoping we don't have to drop the tank itself) This may take most of the day Friday, maybe into early Saturday. I think Chike is coming up on Saturday to get work done as well.

Tom is a very exacting and professional Subaru mechanic and master fabricator. I was really impressed after having the chance to drive his custom-supercharged SVX.

Click here to see how it all went:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...971#post370971

jeffast 12-02-2008 09:17 PM

Re: West Virginia SVX Master Tech

cough for a great guy

svxfiles 12-02-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffast (Post 574624)
cough for a great guy

Thanks!
It was VERY cool reading the threads from, what seems like 40 years ago!:rolleyes:

jeffast 12-02-2008 10:42 PM

holy ****, i should really read the dates on these.
wow, welcome to last week for me

ensteele 12-02-2008 11:03 PM

You need to stay in your own home thread with shelfy! You know which one I am talking about. :lol: :lol: Dates don't mean anything in that one. :lol: :lol: