The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My trip to/from the Dabob Seafood Fest III meet. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27316)

Earthworm 07-13-2005 04:09 PM

My trip to/from the Dabob Seafood Fest III meet.

I'll be making a round trip to this meet through both Canada and the US.

I'm looking to meet as many members along the way. The meet is the first weekend in August and I'll probably be taking my time going there and back. I have a full 2 weeks off.

My plan is to travel through Canada on the way there and through the US on the way back.

What is looking for is whoever I can have mini-meets with every day of my trip and recommended places to stay. I may even offer rides in the 5spd to those who ask :)

ensteele 07-13-2005 04:24 PM

David

If you end up arriving a day or two early, let me know and you can travel from here to some great places and then come back again. I will PM you with my contact information so you can get in touch with me as needed. :) :)

Rob 07-13-2005 04:40 PM

Traveling through Montana?????

( I am asking for a ride..... :cool: )

Rob
Missoula MT

Earthworm 07-13-2005 05:08 PM

Thanks Earl. I haven't finalized any scheduling yet but I have a lot of extra time. I may spend it prepping the car though.

Rob, I won't be able to pick you up unless you are in Canada. I could drop you off though.

mbtoloczko 07-16-2005 09:03 AM

You are welcome to stop by my house. Its probably a bit (or a lot) out of your way though. I'll be at Seafood Meet too.

ensteele 07-17-2005 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
I'll be at Seafood Meet too.

No, this is the third annual Seafood Meet. :rolleyes: ;) :) :) :p :p

~*~JenSVX~*~ 07-17-2005 12:33 AM

OK so i don't eat seafood but, where is this meet?

Noir 07-17-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~JenSVX~*~
OK so i don't eat seafood but, where is this meet?

Earl's getaway house. It's a bit far from you...the other side of the country. :p

~*~JenSVX~*~ 07-17-2005 12:48 AM

OK so if i didn't just do the whole 13 hr. ride to the dragon and lose my tranny i may be in... However, considering the amount of money i just spent on my car i'm not sure I want to go risking a cross country drive!? Maybe that's just me.... someone come over to my side of the country!! lol :cool:

ensteele 07-17-2005 09:08 AM

Sorry, but I am in the Other Washington. :D :D Left Coast!

If you want to see what it is all about, go here to se pictures of last year! :) :)

Noir 07-17-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

If you want to see what it is all about, go here to se pictures of last year! :) :)

Looks really fun!

EddieSVX 07-17-2005 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

Eastcoastners... :rolleyes: ;)

Earl I'm really thinking about it... For one, I love seafood, and 2, I'd really like to check out some of the 5 speed SVX's... I'm strongly considering keeping mine and doing the conversion.

Since my 4EAT was recently rebuilt, I'll probably put the tranny up for sale and use the money to fund part of my swap... I want to check out a 5 MT SVX in person to see if it truly is worth all of that.. :D

ensteele 07-17-2005 07:01 PM

Let me know what days you are thinking of coming and how many. :) You will have a chance to see the 5 speeds there. :)

Dza 07-17-2005 10:56 PM

If Regina, SK is on the way, I have PMd you my ph#. We may be able to get Randy involved too. Let us know.

Earthworm 07-18-2005 12:08 PM

I'd for sure like to stop in Regina.
I'll also stop in Vancouver and probably Calgary. On the way home I'll be going through the US but not sure which states yet. I'll have an entire week to get home so I'm in no hurry.