The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TireRack.com GREAT experience!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13626)

RSVX 10-07-2003 03:46 PM

TireRack.com GREAT experience!!

I just wanted to share this with everyone.

You may remember my I need Tires ASAP thread, well, I went on tirerack and ordered my tires at around 5PM Friday afternoon. I used the UPS ground shipping option as I did not want to have to be present to sign for them. Anyway, they showed up Monday morning at 9AM!!!! I know that this has something to do with the fact that they have a warehouse in Newark, DE, and the UPS depot happens to be right around the corner from me, but I dont know many businesses that ship their products same day unless they are placed before noon. And this was a friday none the less!!

Anyways... Precious is all happy with her new shoes :D

LarryIII 10-07-2003 04:42 PM

Chris,

UPS in northern Del. Is located in Newark, DE , very near Tire Rack's warehouse.

Which tires did you get ?

rufus 10-08-2003 05:34 AM

I have ordered lots of stuff from TireRack and it has always arrived very quickly. It has not always been the stuff I actually ordered that arrived, but they have been quick about taking care of that too. :D

RSVX 10-08-2003 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Chris,

UPS in northern Del. Is located in Newark, DE , very near Tire Rack's warehouse.

Which tires did you get ?

I got the Yokohama AVS db something or others...

JLittell 10-08-2003 12:42 PM

Glad you had a good experience with UPS. However, UPS has made it to my **** list...

UPS Shipping prices are outright ridiculous!!

I use Fed Ground 3 Day which is still cheaper than UPS. I had some real bad experiences with UPS in the past (From Customer Service to Package handling/ conditions).

If I remember correctly tirerack shipped my tires via Fed Ex.

Anyway glad you got your tires...;)

Pearlywhites1992 10-10-2003 02:43 PM

Anyways... Precious is all happy with her new shoes

...baby needs new shoes!
Anyone have a snowtire and size suggestion for my stock rims?

Tim

Darksied-X 10-10-2003 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
UPS Shipping prices are outright ridiculous!!
Of course they are. After all, they have to pay for the big brown turd...I mean race car. Plus all those idiotic "Race the Truck" commercials.

Darksied-X 10-10-2003 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pearlywhites1992
Anyone have a snowtire and size suggestion for my stock rims?
Off the top of my head, I believe they are 225/50/16. Like they've been saying, just check Tirerack. They'll give you your size, plus they some of the best prices and selection on the net, and customer reviews of each tire.

http://www.tirerack.com

JeffN 10-10-2003 07:09 PM

Anyone read the new Consumer Reports Tire test. Curious...

JLittell 10-10-2003 08:23 PM

I read the latest consumer reports mag. I was really surprised the the Yokohama AVSdb's we not even mentioned..:confused:

JeffN 10-11-2003 08:10 AM

CU can sure come up with some wacky findings/opinions. They are quite prejudices in some areas like health care. Some areas they should not even delve into where they refer their judgement to outside sources.

LarryIII 10-13-2003 05:40 PM

I spoke to Continental again yoday. They finally admitted that the earliest that they can have the Conti Extreme Contact tires is about mid-December. Then I called Tire Rack and changed my order to 4 Yokohama AVS dB S2 tires. I expect these tires to ship tomorrow.

Ron Mummert 10-13-2003 07:36 PM

Then I called Tire Rack and changed my order to 4 Yokohama AVS dB S2 tires. I expect these tires to ship tomorrow. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, Tercero - What's de S2 do dat de un-S2 don't do?

Ron.

Pearlywhites1992 10-14-2003 05:23 AM

I believe they are 225/50/16.

I was wondering if anyone goes any skinnier,
like a 205/55 16. Time to dust off the stock rims,
and buy some snowtires!

Tim 136K, and freshly waxed.........:D

RSVX 10-14-2003 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
I spoke to Continental again yoday. They finally admitted that the earliest that they can have the Conti Extreme Contact tires is about mid-December. Then I called Tire Rack and changed my order to 4 Yokohama AVS dB S2 tires. I expect these tires to ship tomorrow.
They are very very quiet Larry. You will like them.

And the S2 is the new MY of tires, some small improvements, nothing major.