The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Aluminum Radiators with 5 pass trans cooler! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22659)

Chris 11-15-2004 09:01 AM

Aluminum Radiators with 5 pass trans cooler!

BREAKING NEWS!

I need 20 people with radiator cracks/problems!
I have made a deal with a company called PWR Performance. They make radiators and intercoolers. They come highly recommended. Not only will the people who order these radiators get a hassle free install and years of trouble free use, PWR will fabricate a high efficiency 5 pass transmission heat exchanger in the lower tank. This will be an ALL ALUMINUM radiator (no plastic tanks). Your car AND your tranny will thank you.

The pad news is that we need 20 orders for them to invest the time to fabricate a drop in, high performance radiator. Cost will be $450 shipped to your door (or shop) in the United States. I will inquire about you Canada guys. Anyone outside the US can PM me and I will forward on your shipping question. For that matter, any and all questions should be PM’ed to me and I will forward to the contact. Their website can be viewed at:

http://www.pwr-performance.com

So, come on! Lets get the next piece of the puzzle for our SVX’s fabricated.
Even if you don’t need one now, just think how the shiny aluminum will look under the hood.
:D

Chris 11-15-2004 09:04 AM

Signed up for ONE radiator!
Possibly two. (in limbo until the 18th)

drivemusicnow 11-15-2004 09:22 AM

Would the tranny cooler replace the need for an aftermarket cooler?? you might talk to dayle too.. seeing as how he had a link on his website for a radiator.. but it was like "coming soon" or something like that

Chris 11-15-2004 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by drivemusicnow
Would the tranny cooler replace the need for an aftermarket cooler?? you might talk to dayle too.. seeing as how he had a link on his website for a radiator.. but it was like "coming soon" or something like that
In my opinion, yes. The factory cooler is very poor and only a 2 pass. This is/will be a 5 pass and designed for heavier vehicles than ours AND towing. I will however pass this question along to the fab shop and post a reply.

TomsSVX 11-15-2004 09:59 AM

deffinate maybe from me, i need a radiator and i will let u know by the end of the week. how long will it take to get these? time is not really an issue as long as i can patch mine for now.

BordeauxComet 11-15-2004 10:42 AM

Too bad I just replaced mine a few months ago... I would have definitely been interested.

I really hope you get 20 people though.

AFBeefcake 11-15-2004 10:45 AM

interested, but I don't know if i'll have the money in time.

cdigerlando 11-15-2004 12:36 PM

Radiator

I don't know if you remember, but I tried organizing one of these purchases a while ago. Not much interest. Yes, I am interested. C&R was going to build one for me anyway. The trouble we ran into was the bottom bracket design. It would need to be cut off in order to fit a standard radiator in that location, and new brackets made. Also I have an external tranny cooler, which I think anyone replacing a radiator should do for this car. Makes the project less complicated.

alltrac 11-15-2004 02:38 PM

Radiator group buy

1. Chris
2. alltrac most definitely YES

TomsSVX 11-15-2004 03:32 PM

once again ill ask when would they be available. I need one now and if i cant get it for 6-10 weeks i will not be able to buy it. a time estimate would be appreciated

immortal_suby 11-15-2004 04:36 PM

1. Chris
2. alltrac most definitely YES
3. immortal_suby

star52 11-15-2004 04:57 PM

I NEED ONE RIGHT NOW

star52 11-15-2004 05:01 PM

Time line

I posted above, what time should we expect to have the unit available?

Chris 11-15-2004 06:52 PM

Its a large fab shop. I will get time tables tomorrow along the lines of how long it would take. The biggest variable right now is the time it takes to get their minimum order lined up.

star52 11-15-2004 08:37 PM

Need 1992 ASAP car down see post above

1992 , drop in? time frame and how many do we have as of now?