The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Meet Gremlin bites me. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53645)

ensteele 03-30-2010 02:24 PM

The Meet Gremlin bites me.

Well, I should have known better, but I have not had any problems with getting to Reading or work keeping me from going in the past. I just found out that I have to work and can't get out of it so will not be able to attend Reading this year. :mad: :mad: It is just how things went, and I just can't get out of some of my responsibilities so I can attend. I will miss seeing all of you there and all of the fun times that go on. I will be thinking of you and hope you all have a great time. :o

If I was going to pick up some parts from you, we will get shipping set up afterwards. Don't worry about it until after the meet. Thanks

1986nate 03-30-2010 02:28 PM

Re: The Meet Gremlin bites me.

Sorry to hear, Earl.:(
Hope this doesn't happen next year or for the 10th anniversary meet. :o

ensteele 03-30-2010 04:03 PM

I will make next year for sure. I will make sure this doesn't happen again. :o

SilverSpear 03-30-2010 04:37 PM

Is this a prank Earl? :rolleyes:

I bet it is... :p

No no... it can't be... :confused:

Earl missing a reading? :eek:

Well it surely is something urgent... we all have out reasons... :o

Oh well... I have missed all readings :D

I am sad :(

ZMan 03-31-2010 05:06 PM

This is how it starts - then the next thing you'll hear is he's selling all the SVXI and buying up BEEMERS! :eek::eek::eek:

svxfiles 03-31-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMan (Post 640766)
This is how it starts - then the next thing you'll hear is he's selling all the SVXI and buying up BEEMERS! :eek::eek::eek:

Don't be ridiculous!:eek:
No true SVXr would DO that!:mad:

:rolleyes:
:(

trueblue 03-31-2010 11:23 PM

The Gremlin got me too.
Today I was on my way to Memphis to get my new tires rebalanced before the Dragon, when my trany started slipping. I checked my fluid level and started out again but the slipping got worse. I turned around and headed back home. by the time I got there the car would only go into 1st gear and only about 20 mph.:mad::mad::mad:

I am not a street racer or in need of speed so I am leaning toward a used jdm import automatic trany. Does any one have experience good or bad with the that type of replacement?:confused:

1986nate 03-31-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue (Post 640818)
The Gremlin got me too.
Today I was on my way to Memphis to get my new tires rebalanced before the Dragon, when my trany started slipping. I checked my fluid level and started out again but the slipping got worse. I turned around and headed back home. by the time I got there the car would only go into 1st gear and only about 20 mph.:mad::mad::mad:

I am not a street racer or in need of speed so I am leaning toward a used jdm import automatic trany. Does any one have experience good or bad with the that type of replacement?:confused:

It won't work... Unless you also get a JDM TCU and a few other things need to be worked out as well.

92 SVX 03-31-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 640819)
It won't work... Unless you also get a JDM TCU and a few other things need to be worked out as well.

I think tomsvx replaced the rear of his transmission with the VTD and using a jdm solenoid c with a interupt switch wired in he can drive it till he gets a jdm tcu.

1986nate 04-01-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92 SVX (Post 640823)
I think tomsvx replaced the rear of his transmission with the VTD and using a jdm solenoid c with a interupt switch wired in he can drive it till he gets a jdm tcu.

Yes, not exactly the cheapest option.

sorry for the /hijack

LarryIII 04-01-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 640611)
Well, I should have known better, but I have not had any problems with getting to Reading or work keeping me from going in the past. I just found out that I have to work and can't get out of it so will not be able to attend Reading this year. :mad: :mad: It is just how things went, and I just can't get out of some of my responsibilities so I can attend. I will miss seeing all of you there and all of the fun times that go on. I will be thinking of you and hope you all have a great time. :o

If I was going to pick up some parts from you, we will get shipping set up afterwards. Don't worry about it until after the meet. Thanks

I thought that I saw the Meet Monster licking his chops the other day. Now I know why. Sorry you won't be here Earl. Rosie & I will miss you.

Ron Mummert 04-01-2010 07:29 PM

It is just how things went, and I just can't get out of some of my responsibilities so I can attend.

Can't you teach them lazy fish to feed themselves!?!?:confused:

Ripimoff.

ensteele 04-01-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Mummert (Post 640922)
It is just how things went, and I just can't get out of some of my responsibilities so I can attend.

Can't you teach them lazy fish to feed themselves!?!?:confused:

Ripimoff.

Well, that should be your next R&D project at Ripimoff Ind. I need a fish feeder! :lol: :lol:

benebob 04-02-2010 10:49 AM

You know its a prank. Earl doesn't work. He's got too many SVXi to feed to be able to hold down a job.;):D

ensteele 04-02-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 641002)
You know its a prank. Earl doesn't work. He's got too many SVXi to feed to be able to hold down a job.;):D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: