The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   consumer reports ugh! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1393)

SVXMAN2001 09-03-2001 07:25 PM

consumer reports ugh!

I just read this month's consumer reports on used cars and I was utterly offended by the magazines less than deserved description of the svx. They had no stats on the car made the car sound like it wasn't even worth looking at and to show just how much they knew about the svx it states that the svx production was cancelled in 1996!! Can you believe that! Consumer reports has usually been a reliable source but man I can't be they print this stuff

chris

aas0242 09-03-2001 07:36 PM

consumer

If i'm not mistaken, manufacturing of the SVX's was
stopped in December of 1996. SVX '97 are made in
1996 then.

SVXMAN2001 09-03-2001 08:18 PM

well if that is the case then Iam mistaken. sorry. but still they gave a less than appropriate description of the svx.

chris

Jamsvx 09-03-2001 09:38 PM

Re: consumer reports ugh!

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
I just read this month's consumer reports on used cars and I was utterly offended by the magazines less than deserved description of the svx. They had no stats on the car made the car sound like it wasn't even worth looking at and to show just how much they knew about the svx it states that the svx production was cancelled in 1996!! Can you believe that! Consumer reports has usually been a reliable source but man I can't be they print this stuff

chris

Any chance that you might be able to scan that article? I would love to read it.

Thanks

James

Seraph 09-03-2001 10:43 PM

Re: consumer reports ugh!

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXMAN2001

chris

The people who are reporting on majority of these cars don't even know what they look like. All they know are the pictures and what other sources says. Most of the times, unless I have taken the car out and driven at least a couple of hundred miles in it, I can/will not trust any thing written in black and white unless it says Lwin Maung vs. people of (fill in the name of the state)

Lwin

just my thought on articles

Jamsvx 09-04-2001 07:23 AM

Hmmm.... I was just looking at the articles I scanned up to my site......interesting how almost all of them applaud the SVX......and many years later, we are seeing people say the opposite.

Its either good or bad....it doesn't evolve...its an inanimate object!!!

I particulary like going through old car magazines and reading write ups...and then reviews on the same car many years later, often in the same mag under 'Used Buys' or other such nonsense, and the views are the polar opposite.

In any event, look at the bright side!! Keeps demand down!!:D

Jamsvx