The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Took the Polo out today... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57952)

svxcess 07-31-2011 12:08 PM

Took the Polo out today...

It's the last day of July and I finally decided to take the Polo out for a Sunday drive.

She has been sitting in the garage since I brought her home from Reading XII (May 22). In those 2 months I never even started her up once.

It has been connected to the Battery Tender to keep the electrical system at peak levels. Gave it the once over, checked all fluid levels, belts, tire pressure, etc. and finally turned the key.

Started immediately and after a few moments, backed out of the garage. No odd noises, creaks, rattles, etc. While idling in my driveway, I went back and checked the garage floor for leaks-- no one drop of anything in all that time!

Took a nice 50 mile drive at various speeds with no problems. The only thing I get is a CE knock sensor 2 code, which I cleared. I was nervous that sitting for that long would cause a problem. A/C blows ice-cold, temp gauge perfectly level, no flat-spotting of the tires.

I had been driving my wife to work in our 2010 Outback every day for the past 2 months (250 miles a day x 5). It is a very comfortable vehicle, but I was getting so tired of driving and traffic, the thought of getting behind the wheel of anything on the weekend was not appealing in the least. Could I change that mindset?

So this morning I forced myself to go to the garage and start the SVX, figuring if there was a problem I would just turn it off and tackle it another day. Once the engine sprang to life, my spirits lifted immediately! From then on it seemed that things got better and better; hitting the gas and engaging power mode was better than any B-12 shot!

Just had to share this. Should have done this earlier.

kwren 07-31-2011 12:46 PM

Re: Took the Polo out today...

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 682989)

It's the last day of July and I finally decided to take the Polo out for a Sunday drive.

She has been sitting in the garage since I brought her home from Reading (April 28). In those 2 months I never even started her up once.

How time flies!
Would you believe it has been three months! :)

Keith:cool:

benebob 07-31-2011 12:52 PM

No "drive it don't hide it" T shirt in your future. We have artwork that is more traveled then you're car.:(

svxcess 07-31-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 682996)
How time flies!
Would you believe it has been three months! :)

Corrected my post. At 1300+ miles a week of commuter traffic. it felt like 3 months.

kwren 07-31-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 683004)
Corrected my post. At 1300+ miles a week of commuter traffic. it felt like 3 months.

Bet so! :)
Since you are "head and shoulders" above the "other people" as a trusted source of information, we can disregard the time laps since the original post and the correction! :lol:

ARED 97 07-31-2011 02:46 PM

Just gotta luv the "Automatic Smile Feature" that is built into the SVX....:D....no other car offers it!!!

SVX92-97 07-31-2011 03:12 PM

John, I think you seriously need to consider selling it. Your Svx days seem to have past you buy.:tongue:

svxcess 07-31-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX92-97 (Post 683012)
John, I think you seriously need to consider selling it. Your SVX days seem to have passed, I'll buy. :tongue:

As I said before, for $11,995, it's yours. Hell, I'll even let you drive it before you fork over the money and sign the bill of sale. :lol:

On second thought I take it back. If you really loved having a polo, you would have kept yours and avoided all of the grief, heartache, new gray hairs and sleepless nights over the past few months.

Not to mention having a little more money in the bank.

benebob 07-31-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 683013)
As I said before, for $11,995, it's yours. Hell, I'll even let you drive it before you fork over the money and sign the bill of sale. :lol:

On second thought I take it back. If you really loved having a polo, you would have kept yours and avoided all of the grief, heartache, new gray hairs and sleepless nights over the past few months.

Not to mention having a little more money in the bank.

Just wait until the dollar tanks Wednesday on the international market and you should be able to bump it up to an overseas sale to $25k which by then should be equal to 5000 Euros.

ensteele 07-31-2011 04:48 PM

It is always nice to get into the SVX and go for a drive. You never really remember how nice it drives. :) :)

svxcess 07-31-2011 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

kwren 07-31-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 683013)

Sounds like a deal, but do you have a nice "polo" that isn't green? :lol:

svxfiles 08-01-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 683032)

Keith,
Its not easy being green.

;)

kwren 08-01-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 683038)
Keith,
Its not easy being green.
;)

I have to admit... It is really a special Green! :lol:

svxcess 08-01-2011 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 683032)

I don't, but maybe Ralph does... :)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1312208908