The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Movie Recommendations (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34290)

Noir 07-18-2006 10:48 PM

Movie Recommendations

So I've had cable for about a year now. Don't really watch it except for the 'On Demand' movies that is worth watching sometimes.

I have HBO, Starz, and Encore. Including the free 'On Demand' movies, there's about 100 movies to watch. All of which suck.

Dubya tee Eff mate?

Can someone recommend some good movies to rent or watch? Even the pay crap listing sucks. I looked on Blockbuster's website and there's absolutely nothing new worth watching. :( :mad:

Any action, comedy (not that stupid highschool sheiss :rolleyes: ), foreign, suspense...any damn thing.

No horror unless it's really good. I typically end up pissed about horrors cause you know, they suck. Good psuedo horror would be 28 days. Maybe the remake of Land of the Dead. I thought that was alright.

Snatch
Layer Cake
Boondock Saints
Mean Guns
Full Metal Jacket
Die Hard
Fifth Element
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Dungeon's and Dragons
I, Robot
Clerks

^here a few I enjoyed...keep it going. :)

SubaSteevo 07-18-2006 10:51 PM

If you liked Snatch check out Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

Noir 07-18-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
If you liked Snatch check out Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

i tried. couldn't finish it.

rarely would i ever fall asleep during a movie. that was one of em.

the other two i fell asleep while it ran was Emma and Miss Congenialwhatever 1.

stupid chick movies. :mad:

Noir 07-18-2006 10:58 PM

oh yeah, i saw 'Firewall' with harrison ford last night.

movie made me gnaw on the end of my .45 sig. :(

triumph1902 07-18-2006 11:07 PM

Derailed was a really good movie.

Suby Fan 07-18-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir
So I've had cable for about a year now. Don't really watch it except for the 'On Demand' movies that is worth watching sometimes.

I have HBO, Starz, and Encore. Including the free 'On Demand' movies, there's about 100 movies to watch. All of which suck.

Dubya tee Eff mate?

Can someone recommend some good movies to rent or watch? Even the pay crap listing sucks. I looked on Blockbuster's website and there's absolutely nothing new worth watching. :( :mad:

Any action, comedy (not that stupid highschool sheiss :rolleyes: ), foreign, suspense...any damn thing.

No horror unless it's really good. I typically end up pissed about horrors cause you know, they suck. Good psuedo horror would be 28 days. Maybe the remake of Land of the Dead. I thought that was alright.

Snatch
Layer Cake
Boondock Saints
Mean Guns
Full Metal Jacket
Die Hard
Fifth Element
Dungeon's and Dragons
I, Robot
Clerks

ok im a bit of a movie buff so....
if you want good foreign you NEED to see AMORESPERROS (amor es perros) A-MORE es PERROS

another must is City of God... that movie is INCREDIBLE!

go see clerks II it opens this friday and even the most picky Kevin Smith critics said it was well done and in the same way...

some other Kevin Smith classics are Chasing Amy, Mall Rats (filmed in a mall 15 min from my house!), Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strke back... all of which i love... and unlike clerks they were all filmed in color!

PS you can't see a better Veit Nam war movie then full metal that movie is amazing!

subi-crosser 07-18-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir

Dubya tee Eff mate?

Snatch
Layer Cake
Boondock Saints
Mean Guns
Full Metal Jacket
Die Hard
Fifth Element
Dungeon's and Dragons
I, Robot
Clerks

I had a 'run in' with the local rent-a-movie, so I only view things that were bought off of Amazon.com! Then I can watch, fall asleep, fast forward, and fall asleep again for LESS than a 2 day rental costs!!

I have all the old car flicks, and paid 'rental' prices to OWN them! gone in 60 seconds (w a 73 Mustang), Thunder road (1957), Vanishing Point, Crazy Larry and Dirty Mary, Junkman, gone in 60 seconds w a 67 Shelby, Joe Dirt, (the movie car lives about 3 miles from me, and looks just as bad in person as it does on the tube!!) etc.etc.etc...

Some of my all time classic favorites are "Used cars" w Kurt Russell, True Lies,and anything with Mel Gibson in it.

Landshark 07-18-2006 11:39 PM

i rented "Aeon Flux" a week or so ago, and didn't have high expectations, but it was actually pretty good.

"Freeway" is pretty twisted, and probably right up your alley. :D
"Hyperviolent update to "Little Red Riding Hood." Reese Witherspoon is brilliant and, judging by her recent appearance on Later, one of the brightest, funniest actresses to come along in quite a while. This film isn't for the weak of stomach, but if you're up for a little gore, it's a fun ride."

triumph1902 07-18-2006 11:42 PM

Speaking of foreign movies Downfall was a good one.

SubaSteevo 07-19-2006 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suby Fan
ok im a bit of a movie buff so....
if you want good foreign you NEED to see AMORESPERROS (amor es perros) A-MORE es PERROS

another must is City of God... that movie is INCREDIBLE!

go see clerks II it opens this friday and even the most picky Kevin Smith critics said it was well done and in the same way...

some other Kevin Smith classics are Chasing Amy, Mall Rats (filmed in a mall 15 min from my house!), Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strke back... all of which i love... and unlike clerks they were all filmed in color!

PS you can't see a better Veit Nam war movie then full metal that movie is amazing!

+1 on City of God

svxash 07-19-2006 08:05 AM

Have you ever seen Employee of the Month?

Earthworm 07-19-2006 10:52 AM

Hoodwinked :D

Also try to find the "Cube" trilogy. (it's good if you like the "Saw" movies)

yesmar 07-19-2006 04:16 PM

Domino is a good movie, staring kiera knightley as a bounty hunter...good stuff
Serenity is good too, if you like the TV show Firefly

immortal_suby 07-19-2006 08:23 PM

Army of Darkness
any Eastwood western
The Prophecy <-- Harry you would love this one.

Running Scared is on ppv now and was pretty twisted

SubaSteevo 07-19-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Army of Darkness

Evil Dead 1 & 2 are worth checking out as well. They're horror, but they're good horror...because they're bad horror. Screw it, I can't describe them.

1&2 are kind of conflicting, and Army of Darkness is the sequel to 2.