The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   %*^^%(# drivers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56166)

bcpianoman 12-17-2010 10:49 PM

%*^^%(# drivers

My son was stopped at a red light tonight driving our ’92 5-speed SVX. He was the third car from the intersection. The first car stalled, the second car driver got frustrated and threw her car in reverse, backing right into our beloved 5-speed. No one was hurt but the bumper is pushed in, the honeycomb grill is broken, both fenders are pushed back and the hood is severely buckled. To say I’m not happy would be a serious understatement.

In British Columbia we have a province owned and operated liability insurance company called Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, or ICBC. I’m pretty sure they’ll try to write the car off, offer me $1,500 or so and keep it for salvage. If that’s their position, they’re in for a scrap.

Wish me luck.

kwren 12-18-2010 12:25 AM

Re: %*^^%(# drivers

%*^^%(# - insurance companies also!

Keith:cool:

AltaSVX 12-18-2010 01:15 AM

That sucks to hear that happening - especially to a fellow islander. Good luck. ICBC can be a $#@%.

jeffs92svx 12-18-2010 05:22 AM

That sucks man. I dont know how it is in BC but here if a car has damage that is costly, they will total the car and never drive it again. I have seen several cars that would take 2 grand to fix but get totaled and cant be titled again. It kinda makes you wonder if you even want to turn it in on insurance. Around here anyway. Sorry to hear about it. Good luck.

ShiuludeSVX 12-18-2010 06:44 AM

That's terrible. I hope you can recover something for the incident.
Did anyone do a sobriety test on this Brainiac?

Blacky 12-18-2010 06:56 AM

She must have rammed him pretty hard to do that much damage. Was she driving an SUV?
You can probably buy the wreck back and fix it. It cost me $500.00 to buy a used hood and have it repainted and installed. If you were lucky enough to find a hood and fenders in the right colour, you should be able to repair it for $1,500.00 or so.

Manarius 12-18-2010 07:49 AM

I don't know how BC courts work, but I feel like that would be the perfect time for small claims court.

gbianchi 12-18-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpianoman (Post 664864)
My son was stopped at a red light tonight driving our ’92 5-speed SVX. He was the third car from the intersection. The first car stalled, the second car driver got frustrated and threw her car in reverse, backing right into our beloved 5-speed. No one was hurt but the bumper is pushed in, the honeycomb grill is broken, both fenders are pushed back and the hood is severely buckled. To say I’m not happy would be a serious understatement.

In British Columbia we have a province owned and operated liability insurance company called Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, or ICBC. I’m pretty sure they’ll try to write the car off, offer me $1,500 or so and keep it for salvage. If that’s their position, they’re in for a scrap.

Wish me luck.

I think someone (she) should have been hurt:mad:, not in the crash but after the fact! IS THAT WRONG? That kinda stuff make me scared to drive mine out in the world:(.....................G

1986nate 12-18-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbianchi (Post 664907)
I think someone (she) should have been hurt:mad:, not in the crash but after the fact! IS THAT WRONG? That kinda stuff make me scared to drive mine out in the world:(.....................G

The only thing I have ever worried about as far as accidents has been being rearended, stuff like this does scare me. The plus side is that the front end (comparibly) is much easier to fix than the rear end should you decide to try and fix it yourself with used parts and doing whatever pulling necessary yourself or otherwise a body shop's frame puller can often be a reasonable choice for doing so.

Crazy_pilot 12-18-2010 11:15 PM

Good luck, ICBC are a bunch of Nazis from everything I've heard.

ensteele 12-18-2010 11:20 PM

Gee, I am sorry to hear that. Good luck. :o