The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Resolutions and goals.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42586)

sicksubie 01-01-2008 12:35 AM

Resolutions and goals....

What are they?????? My 13 year old brother just rattled off a few of his for me. This kid should be a stand up comedian as he is funnier than anyone I have ever known in my entire life. Here are his goals for 2008:

Ice fishing 6 times
Meaner
Funnier
Talkative
Make first friend
More synchronized diving
Learn to fly a Sopwith Camel
Marlin fishing off the Keys
Learn to drive the boat
Chase more hippies
Avoid prison
Watch more tv
Play 22.65 hours of xbox per day
Gator wrestling in the Okeefenokee swamp
Make jet pack
Find if yetti is real
Kill Nessie
Skin diving in Lake Champlain
Launch get rich quick scheme
Breed monkeys with scorpions
Learn to use cell phone
Never sleep
Go midget tossing 3 times

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tim 01-01-2008 12:40 AM

I think im goign to stop letting women walk all over me and break my spirit. (Bad new years night) :(

YourConfused 01-01-2008 01:48 AM

"Breed monkeys with scorpions"
That's funny.
A friend of mine wants to teach a monkey kung fu and then kick its butt so he can say: "See that monkey over there. He knows kung fu and I kicked its butt."

Speedklix 01-01-2008 08:59 AM

Well, I start a new career monday.
-promotion by years end
-enjoy weekends for a change
-be home to have dinner with wife for a change

I just settled into my first owned home.
-setup laundry room
-ditch about 80% of my old stuff that wasn't even unpacked when I moved into the cottage (last place)
-upgrade kitchen
-eliminate a large % of debt that I accumulated due to moron

I also want to get back in shape, another side effect from the career I am leaving behind.
-run and bike more
-eat better
-start lifting again
less coffee would help too.

LetItSnow 01-01-2008 09:07 AM

I thought the years ran Reading to Reading? I'm finishing up the last one by trying to promise myself that I won't buy any more goodies for the car 'til I'm finished installing the ones I have.

Dismal. Failure.

JaySVX 01-02-2008 06:09 AM

I've decided that 2008 is going to be a new year for me(obviously, i mean, it's a new year and all). I've decided to make a few changes, and since I've never been one for new years resolutions, and haven't made any in at least 10 years, I'd say I'm pretty close to 100% accuracy with my resolutions. That being said, making a couple life changing changes to better the happyness of me should be cake.

1. Be more assertive. I will no longer sit back and be walked all over. I will stand up for what I want, and not bend over to the point of breaking to accommodate others.

2. I'll do what I want. This may sound arrogant, but I'm tired of living my life to please others, and getting little or nothing in return. I'm going to start living for me.

3. Be happy. If something makes me happy, I'm going to do it. Public opinions and views will not deter me from doing what I enjoy, whatever it may be. I'm not going to be paranoid about being looked down upon because I stray from the beaten path.

4. Simplify life. Complexities are growing at a rate which I've never seen before. I will take time out to sit back and enjoy simple things. I think I'm going to take up fishing, but will fish without bait. Sunbathing sounds nice, in the shade, with normal clothing on. I'm not going to do these things to accomplish something, but rather, to accomplish nothing.

With these changes in place, I believe that I can reduce stress to a near non-existent level. I'll be happier, less concerned with those around me. I'll sit back and relax, do my job, eat, drink, and have fun.

I hope everyone has a good 2008!

sicksubie 01-02-2008 08:00 AM

Drive up and come ice fishing......

Landshark 01-02-2008 08:24 AM

i resolve to stop eating endangered animals, and to not play cards or pool with people whose first name is the name of a state or city.

svxistentialist 01-02-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 518640)
I think im goign to stop letting women walk all over me and break my spirit. (Bad new years night) :(

Got any numbers for these women Tim?

Could you get them to wear high heels?

:rolleyes::D

Joking Tim, just J/K;)

svxistentialist 01-02-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 518838)
i resolve to stop eating endangered animals, and to not play cards or pool with people whose first name is the name of a state or city.

Any animal you eat qualifies as endangered. Are you going vegan?

:D

svxistentialist 01-02-2008 09:06 AM

New Year's resolutions are dangerous things, their failure can demotivate.

However, some of the things you guys are doing deserve respect and further study.

1) First, I think I will stop making lists in 2008.

2) Ice fishing sounds good, but there's rarely any in our fridge, the only place you can easily get ice round here.

3) Chasing hippies sounds like fun, but they are scarce hereabouts. Do gypsies count??

4) More assertive is the way to go. Discussed this with my wife, she says I can give it a try.

5) Finish all "projects" on my SVXs. Now this one I think I can do.

6) Stop jumping up and down and hollering at all those hobby flyers passing back and forth over my house because I'm on their VFR path. If it's this noisy down here, maybe they can't hear me up there anyway. :mad:

Joe:)

odepaj 01-02-2008 07:13 PM

My goals:

1. To get to 1.5k posts atleast
2. To w**** myself to some good, clean women
3. To stand up for myself more
4. Get all three SVX's running good and maybe get the '95 painted
5. Try to remember most of the night of my 21st b-day in september
6. New car ('05 or greater) deffinetly will be Subaru

Dustin

Ps. Will update this thread with more as the year progresses, haha.

RSVX 01-02-2008 07:25 PM

My New Years resolution is 1680 x 1050

:lol::lol::lol:

RSVX 01-02-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 518639)

Learn to fly a Sopwith Camel

Flying it is easy...

It's the landing that can **** you...

Crazy_pilot 01-02-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 518929)
My New Years resolution is 1680 x 1050

Nerd!

-Go back to school
-De-rust the SVX