The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Looking for a few mint conditon parts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39274)

subru92svx 06-07-2007 11:13 PM

Looking for a few mint conditon parts

Hey, I am looking for a mint condition (dark gray) steering wheel, e-brake lever, and rear speaker grills. I thought all SVX e-brake handles were the same, but I bought one off ebay awhile ago and there is a very slight difference from my 92 SVX e-brake handle and it would not work. So I would prefer if it was from a 92 so I know it will fit. Pictures of items are always appreciated. Thank you

michael 06-08-2007 04:53 PM

Good luck with that one! I looked for about a year. What condition is your current wheel in? You may want to try touching it up, do a search for seats restore. Motorsport warehouse may still offer a re-upholstered one and there is always new for around $400. I feel your pain and wish you luck.

ensteele 06-08-2007 07:09 PM

You do have another choice. I put a couple of leather covers on the steering wheel. It laces on and is about the same color as the stock one. It looks fine and is much better than the old worn out one. :) There are several places you can buy them. If you are interested in one, let me know and I can send you some links. :)

subru92svx 06-08-2007 11:51 PM

Yeah finding these parts should be a fun time lol. I already have a very nice leather steering wheel cover from Wheelskins that I had to stitch on. It looks very nice and the color matches exactly, but the four post that connect the outer wheel to the middle have the gray coloring worn off and the wheel covers don't cover those parts. I guess I could just paint them if I can find some paint that matches perfectly. Thanks for the replies.

michael 06-09-2007 05:38 AM

Try searching this forum for "Seats Restore" its a leather dye that was made to match the svx's color perfectly. It is usually on ebay, but I can't find any right now. I believe the guy who sells it is a member here. Do a search and you can PM him.

ensteele 06-09-2007 12:14 PM

I don't think he is a member, but has given us some group buys in the past. :)

Hocrest 06-09-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I don't think he is a member, but has given us some group buys in the past. :)

I just checked and he has his email along with the package I got.
sharkpac@netzero.com

michael 06-09-2007 05:20 PM

Hey Dave, if you have any extra dye can I purchase it from you?

Hocrest 06-09-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael
Hey Dave, if you have any extra dye can I purchase it from you?

Sorry, between my Legacy, my SVX and Melis's SVX I doubt I'll have any left over.

ensteele 06-09-2007 08:06 PM

The dye isn't that much and will work on the steering wheel as well as the leather seats. :)

subru92svx 06-14-2007 11:59 PM

Hey Don, yeah that was me that contacted you threw Ebay. Are the speakers covers, e-brake handle, and seat belt track in really good shape? A lot of times the threaded holes on the back of covers are stripped out and they are really sun faded. Yeah I just want the leather handle that unscrews. If you had some pics of the things we talked about that would be great.