The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ding Dang Pot Holes (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24794)

svx_commuter 03-02-2005 01:05 PM

Ding Dang Pot Holes

Well my SVX has been running okay for an older car with 233,333 miles on it. Most everything is still working okay on the SVX. I wish I could say the same for the highway, namely rt 80. The other day I ran over a pot hole that wasn’t there the day before and the impact broke the right front tire. While pulling over to the shoulder I reported the pot hole at 1-800-pot-hole, a service of the NJ department of transportation. After putting on the ‘donut spare”, I took leisurely drive to work at 50 mph arrrghhh and then home arrrghhh. I knew the tire wasn’t fixable and luckily, thanks to a few others here, Beav, I have a few spares in the basement. So I got a good one mounted up and now I am back in business. It nice to have extra tires.

MNYPNNY 03-02-2005 08:43 PM

I'm so glad Colorado has some of the best road maintenance in the country.

Bummer that those things happen to others. Missouri is one of the worst and I could tell when I was there last (luckily not in Penny, but we'll be taking Penny this August).

shelfy 03-02-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
I'm so glad Colorado has some of the best road maintenance in the country.
from my recent road trips, i'd have to say our neighbouring states on the east do a much better job. nebraska had to be the best and oklahoma was pretty good, too. kansas would have been better without all the construction. both i-70 and i-76 in colorado were marginal at best. :(

MNYPNNY 03-02-2005 08:59 PM

See..... that's why I'm on the good side of the state......:p

shelfy 03-02-2005 09:01 PM

hmph

n00b on demand 03-02-2005 09:03 PM

I cringe everytime im behind the wheel of my SVX. Just because these NY potholes are like graves....all u hear is boom boom boom boom boom. :(

MNYPNNY 03-02-2005 09:03 PM

:D :D

shelfy 03-02-2005 09:11 PM

:confused: :confused:

MNYPNNY 03-02-2005 09:14 PM

ok... so 2 typing at the same time does not always fall in line the way one wants..... lol

SilverSpear 03-02-2005 11:46 PM

Re: Ding Dang Pot Holes

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter
Well my SVX has been running okay for an older car with 233,333 miles on it. Most everything is still working okay on the SVX. I wish I could say the same for the highway, namely rt 80. The other day I ran over a pot hole that wasn’t there the day before and the impact broke the right front tire. While pulling over to the shoulder I reported the pot hole at 1-800-pot-hole, a service of the NJ department of transportation. After putting on the ‘donut spare”, I took leisurely drive to work at 50 mph arrrghhh and then home arrrghhh. I knew the tire wasn’t fixable and luckily, thanks to a few others here, Beav, I have a few spares in the basement. So I got a good one mounted up and now I am back in business. It nice to have extra tires.
LOOOOL, we have lots of them over here, the holes.... you have to wait for the deputies elections every 4 years to get them fixed (you know they spend money on fixing roads in order to get elected...) and so the elections are near, they are doing it over here.... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

n00b on demand 03-03-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
ok... so 2 typing at the same time does not always fall in line the way one wants..... lol
lol i was about 2 say