The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New SVX owner (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43443)

SVXdk 02-25-2008 01:27 PM

New SVX owner

We have been the very lucky owners of a black 94 SVX for just over a week :lol:

It all started with an Impreza. After that our next car just HAD to be a Subaru! We were looking for some thing a bit special and found an XT. But it was sold before we had a chance to go and have a look at it.

After that we started our hunt for an SVX, it is hard to find one in Denmark as there is only 4 or 5 on the road + a handfull others not on the road. We were lucky and found one that was for sale or rather the owner called us and asked if we wanted to buy it :lol:

The car was imported form Germany and has 235.000 km on the clock. As the car came from Germany the manual is in German! I have found a manual for a 97 model for sale. Can I use that for my 94 SVX?

Pernille and Thomas

JaySVX 02-25-2008 05:52 PM

Hi, Welcome, and Congratulations on your purchase!

Yes, you can use the owners manual from a 97 for a 94. Effectively, the only real difference is the OBD-II system, as well as the front grill, everything else is nearly unnoticeable.

As I'm sure you've already noticed, the SVX is a spectacular car to drive, tons of fun. Other than keeping an eye on you're wheel bearings, and watching the trans for slipping, both of which aren't very common, but do happen, it's a pretty rock solid piece of equipment. Any questions, concerns, or issues that you have, I'm sure that you'll be able to find near any information that you need.

Again, congratulations, welcome to the network, please enjoy your stay!

Phil Hill 02-26-2008 01:55 AM

Welcome Pernille and Thomas

Lucky find you have there, and I hope it is good car for you. Having driven bits of Denmark (Bilund, Esjburge, Lemvig) myself I know you will enjoy !!

Come and see us in the European section and introduce yourself there too !!

Phil.

svxistentialist 02-26-2008 02:58 AM

Hello Pernille and Thomas

Nice to have you on the Network, you are very welcome.

As the lads have already said, you have a very nice car there. I wish you the best of luck with it. We will help you in any way that we can.

The most informative section here is the How To section above. We are planning to revamp it in the near future, and make the sections more intuitive and easy to find. For the moment you have to poke around. ;)

And as Phil said, introduce yourselves on the European forum, and maybe you could join us at the yearly meeting, we would love to meet you.

Joe :)

WRX_SVXGirl 02-26-2008 10:35 AM

welcome to the subaru family! they are addicting aren't they?

the SVX has be to be my favorite Subaru, second being the WRX/STi. It is also one of the most unique cars subaru ever made! (aside from the brat which they tried a come back with in the US with the baja ... that failed)

again welcome!

Alycone 02-26-2008 11:09 AM

Welcome, it is nice to see SVXs from all over the world! Black is my favorite SVX color. It would be nice to see some pictures of your car with Denmark scenery in the background.
:D

SVXdk 02-26-2008 03:35 PM

We have posted a new thread in the European forum with 2 pictures of the car. Later we will show you some more pictures with "Danish scenery"...

Pernille

Nevin 02-26-2008 05:15 PM

Welcome, Pernille and Thomas to the website. There is plenty of information here abou the SVX, and if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy the car, and congratulations on your purchase of a sweet ride. Black is my favorite color too. ;)

Wikedjuggalo 02-26-2008 06:12 PM

Congratz on your purchase ^^. I understand the SVX is much rarer in Europe then here in the states. It seems the number of decent SVX's is going down. You will learn to love the SVX and dread driving another car or obtain about 16 of them *cough* earl *cough*.