The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   OK so the new pearlie has some issues I need help with! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41242)

Hondasucks 10-12-2007 12:26 AM

OK so the new pearlie has some issues I need help with!

First off is the trans but I'm gonna figure that one out on Saturday. (Doesn't do ANYTHING in any gear range, no RPM drop, engine doesn't load up, nothing, although I have noticed a slight RPM rise between N and D)

-> Only the driver's side front speakers work. Rear speakers, nada, and the fade/balance knob won't pull out like the bass-treble knob does, although I think it is stuck in "fader" mode since when I turn it to the left I get no sound, turn it to the middle and extreme right and I get sound out of the driver's side front speakers.

-> I don't have the keyless entry transmitter, which other Subaru remotes will interchange? or am I better off with an aftermarket one?

-> When the engine is first started the engine will rev up and drop rev up and drop a few times and then stabilize.. Sticky IAC?

That's about the only "problems" with it, aside from cosmetic things (stitching coming apart in the seats, etc..)

Can I swap in the heated seats out of a later model, or is that a wiring nightmare?

I'm such an SVX newbie lol, I know a lot about Subarus but these things are so different from any other Subaru... :confused:

nextse7en 10-12-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

-> Only the driver's side front speakers work. Rear speakers, nada, and the fade/balance knob won't pull out like the bass-treble knob does, although I think it is stuck in "fader" mode since when I turn it to the left I get no sound, turn it to the middle and extreme right and I get sound out of the driver's side front speakers.
My guess is the front pass is disconnected. You may well be right about the stereo stuck to front fade, though my guess would be this is just a wiring snafu.
Quote:

-> I don't have the keyless entry transmitter, which other Subaru remotes will interchange? or am I better off with an aftermarket one?
Original ones pop up on ebay frequently - I'd stick with stock, though there are generics available that will work (search "svx alarm") on ebay.
Quote:

-> When the engine is first started the engine will rev up and drop rev up and drop a few times and then stabilize.. Sticky IAC?
Possibly, also could be a cracked vacuum hose under the intake plenum. Not a fun job to fix, but not expensive. I usually recommend anyone replace all of their vacuum, fuel, and egr lines under the plenum, it will save you breakdowns and fuel economy later down the line.

Quote:

Can I swap in the heated seats out of a later model, or is that a wiring nightmare?
Not really a wiring nightmare, but you will have to do the wiring, US spec cars stop the wiring at the fusebox. You'll need a few properly rated relays to pass the needed current to the seats while saving the life of any switch you install.

-Patrick

SVeXy96 10-12-2007 11:40 AM

Patrick whats a plenum?...And good info by the way.

redlightningsvx 10-12-2007 11:45 AM

I think he means underneath the intake manifold. there are a lot of hoses there that can crack over time there is a how to doc on how to get to them and what sizes you need.

crazyhorse 10-12-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 499744)

If you figure this out let me know. I have EXACTLY the same problem. The door & tweet work on the DS, but no others. I tested them & they are functional, just getting no signal.

Hondasucks 10-13-2007 12:37 AM

I'm beginning to think it's the deck... I have a spare 1st gen Legacy deck, is the wiring the same? IF it is I'll swap decks and see if it works... If not I'll try and find a different deck for it... I have a nice MP3 CD player but I'd rather not futz with it at the moment... Top priority right now is getting it drivable, I towed it to work today, going to stick it up on the rack tomorrow and put a pressure gauge on the trans to figure out what the %*%*@ is wrong with it...

*crosses fingers and hopes it's flex plate bolts*