The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need Help in NJ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41085)

ensteele 10-04-2007 03:47 PM

Need Help in NJ

I had a car shipped from Linden NJ the other day and was going to have an extra set of wheels and tires shipped inside of it. Well, when the seller got to the shipper, they found out that they will not allow anything inside of the car when it is shipped. A set of wheels and tires are stored in their warehouse and I need to get them picked up and stored until I either sell them or have them shipped. If anyone can help me with this, let me know. Thanks in advance. :)

Tim 10-04-2007 04:15 PM

Are the tires mounted on the rims also? Linden is 30 minutes from me.

WHen would they have to picked up by?

benebob 10-04-2007 05:00 PM

Earl,
I know YT is still looking for donated wheels and tires for the raffle car. That might be an option to (or even someone might be willing to pay you for them to donate 'em). We have wheels here I was going to give him but I found out too late he needed tires to, am working on used ones from our tire sponsor but 225/50s aren't the easiest to come by used esp. if you need 4 matching.

shelfy 10-04-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 497870)
...they will not allow anything inside of the car when it is shipped.

i thought this was common knowlege. surprising you hadn't come across this in the past with the couple / few cars you've bought recently. :D

RSVX 10-04-2007 08:00 PM

And I was just up there last weekend...

TomsSVX 10-04-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 497885)
Earl,
I know YT is still looking for donated wheels and tires for the raffle car. That might be an option to (or even someone might be willing to pay you for them to donate 'em). We have wheels here I was going to give him but I found out too late he needed tires to, am working on used ones from our tire sponsor but 225/50s aren't the easiest to come by used esp. if you need 4 matching.

Yesth... I need some good wheels and tires for the raffle car... plz donate

Tom

ensteele 10-05-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 497887)
i thought this was common knowlege. surprising you hadn't come across this in the past with the couple / few cars you've bought recently. :D

This is the first one that I have shipped. All of the others have been driven home by me. :o

ensteele 10-05-2007 12:47 AM

I will get the details on when they need to be picked up and then get back to you. I will see about the donation route as well. :)

Mike621 10-05-2007 10:17 AM

Earl, Linden is 10 Minutes from my work. Let me know if I can help.

WestCoastSVX 10-05-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 497887)
i thought this was common knowlege.

It's not something you think about immediately, especially if they are the stock wheels from the car and essentially "part of the package".

But it makes sense when you think about it, the company is shipping the car and anything else in the car would basically be getting a free ride and cutting them or another shipping company out of the profits. Obviously not the intention in this case, but they don't make exceptions to keep it simple.

Imagine the type of stuff you could get away with free shipping if you were having a cargo van shipped or something.

ensteele 10-05-2007 06:20 PM

It isn't cheap to send the car across country anyway. :o I purchased these wheels and tires as a separate deal. Mike, I will get in touch with you in the next day or so. :) Thanks

MNYPNNY 10-09-2007 08:49 PM

Earl,
Every time I've seen you with another car, it's had wheels and tires in the back seat!! :eek:

ensteele 10-10-2007 12:24 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, now that I think of it, that is right! :lol: :lol:

TomsSVX 10-10-2007 04:39 AM

Earl... I can give you up to $500 credit for the wheels... Otherwise it'd cost the same to put tires on the wheels I got

Tom

ensteele 10-10-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 499190)
Earl... I can give you up to $500 credit for the wheels... Otherwise it'd cost the same to put tires on the wheels I got

Tom

That sounds fine. Can you pick them up in Linden NJ, or should I try to have Mike pick them up. I think he said that he was very close. :)