The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Maintenance Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37741)

ensteele 03-03-2007 09:23 PM

Maintenance Meet

Hi every body. It is getting time again for the Maintenance Meet. The date has not been set yet, but I wanted to get a feel for what members needed to do. I will list a few topics and you can add to them as well, but put you name under the topic if you are interested in doing that maintenance.

1) Power Steering O-Ring -

2) Headlight Modification and Upgrade -

3) Switch light replacement -

4) Gear Indicator light on console -

5) Door Ding Removal -

6) Engine Power Wash -

7) Alternator and/or AC Belt Replacement -

8) List other things below -

We will also plan on a Show and Shine / Kick Tires session and having a Bar-B-Q after doing the maintenance or during it. :D

etz bseder 03-03-2007 10:00 PM

i could use a engine wash and depending on the date, i could use some help with spark plugs and o2 sensors.

ensteele 03-03-2007 10:10 PM

Are you going to drive over to see us? :)

etz bseder 03-04-2007 08:35 AM

it depends on where you will have the meet and how worth my time it is.

ensteele 03-04-2007 08:52 AM

It will be about 60 miles north of Seattle, WA. We usually do just light maintenance which can be done in a short period of time. Some of the things that we usually do is on the list. You are welcome to come if you decide to. :)

etz bseder 03-04-2007 10:00 AM

Sorry

Yeah, that may be a little to far away, i was looking for somewhere a little closer.

We really need to have a mid-west maintenence meet.

ensteele 03-04-2007 12:16 PM

That is why I posted it in the NW Area Forum. :) Hope you get one lined up. :)

etz bseder 03-04-2007 01:19 PM

Me too, I might have been able to come if it was in lower idaho or oregon but the extra distance is a little more gas and time keeping me from comming.

ensteele 03-04-2007 04:10 PM

There are owners in CO, so you should be able to get to some kind of a meet. :)

STORMINORMAN 03-05-2007 11:56 AM

Who's ready to tackle the valve cover gaskets?

I'll be the (non)guinea pig(let?), OK?:o

I've got all the parts, leaking a little oil from both sides, too! :eek:

Earl: the question is "When?", hopefully after 4/3/07...

And why can't you just move to "lower idaho or oregon", anyway? Not TOO accomodating, are ya'?

GEESH!

Cheers!

shelfy 03-05-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
There are owners in CO, so you should be able to get to some kind of a meet. :)

LMAO!!!!!!

Boosted 03-10-2007 03:33 PM

Hey Norman you wanna come over here and replace my valve cover gaskets too? There's a heated shop ;)

STORMINORMAN 03-10-2007 06:25 PM

Well, have you got your parts yet?

Seriously, I'm gonna' be out of town from the 13th through 4/3: until there's a date set for the maintenance meet (which I hope I don't miss) your's might be the best offer I've heard in a long time...:D

Something tells me that, very much like replacing the sparkplugs, it is a LOT harder the 1st time you try it, and then gets progressively easier as you do it additional times.;)

Let me know if you are serious. I don't think it is anywhere close to being an impossible job, just one that takes a little time to get through.

Cheers!

ensteele 03-10-2007 06:34 PM

It will probably be end of May or so. At least that is when Troy thought the weather would be better. :D :D

Boosted 03-10-2007 08:50 PM

Well I was looking at the flimsiest pair of gaskets I've ever seen earlier this afternoon... Then I decided to wait 'till I have an entire weekend. Normally I wouldn't think twice about pulling the valve covers off, but this car is a completely new beast to me. If you wanna get together and tackle this though, I'm totally all for it (I'd like to fix it soon). Shoot me a PM and we can talk.