The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Svxfiles vs. Phastsvx (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32760)

Budfreak 04-19-2006 07:22 PM

Svxfiles vs. Phastsvx

:pDon't go taking this thread all seriously guys, I'm just having fun arguing with a former member on myspace(Landshark knows who:D) Over who is faster. Check it out:http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...F8AEB5F5693544

Who do you guys think would win?:rolleyes:;)

AppStateSVX 04-19-2006 07:56 PM

I think it would be nice to see the video battle.

SVXRide 04-19-2006 08:01 PM

Would be a close race....a lot would depend on Phil's shifting prowess:cool:
-Bill

Phast SVX 04-19-2006 08:11 PM

By no means am i trying to say my car is faster, I'm still working kinks out of my setup and running low boost 99% of the time. Its not even about that though, everything i do to my car is to fullfill myself, im 99% sure the feeling is mutual as well.
phil

Budfreak no offense taken. Only to the point that you dont know a lot of stuff(nor does anyone) what is done to my car. If you think i share everything then you are sadly mistaken;and its dishearteningly becuase you work so hard for so many hundreds of hours on things and you dont want to deal with little ****s on the internet telling you what it will and wont do.

phil

TomsSVX 04-19-2006 08:30 PM

but you both are still going to be teh Sl0wAr after this weekend!!! HAHAHA I can hear that world record of poweredx2 just shaking in it's boost waiting to be shattered

Tom

Phast SVX 04-19-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
but you both are still going to be teh Sl0wAr after this weekend!!! HAHAHA I can hear that world record of poweredx2 just shaking in it's boost waiting to be shattered

Tom

"MY **** RUNS 12's!! ya *****!, hold on will you pull over and wait while i open my bottle...**** wheres that 9/16ths wrench at...i always keep it in the center console......there we go.....what 600psi of bottle pressure? ****...can i back that up on monday when the stores are open again? ":D

TomsSVX 04-19-2006 08:35 PM

hahahaha funneh guy.... how long does it take to change out the wastegate spring huh???

Tom

spinn360 04-19-2006 08:36 PM

uh? My car stock go's 160mph sitting still

So is there going to be a race or is this just a what if? who do you think? not real but I bet someone could argue about it thing?:rolleyes:

edit oops I guess theres already an arguement pardon me I'll see my way out.

Phast SVX 04-19-2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
hahahaha funneh guy.... how long does it take to change out the wastegate spring huh???

Tom

enter my EVC EZ-2 i just picked up for 200 bux BIATCH ;)
P.P.S: Remote bottle openers dont go to the store for you ! ;)

TomsSVX 04-19-2006 08:45 PM

we will see what kind of pressure I have to work with. Jesse did have 1.3 runs on the bottle. Oh and remote bottle openers only entice street racing which I can now back down from easily by closing the bottle and leaving it closed. This will be for track use only and maybe a blast or two in your local parking lot:D ;)

GoGo juice works just as well as forced induction at a fraction of the cost. Only thing that is similar between the two is that it takes some serious cahones to run a big ass shot like it does to run more boost:eek:

Tom

Phast SVX 04-19-2006 08:45 PM

BTW my screen name(aim) is AWDrifting if you want to talk about this further!

It's Just Eric 04-19-2006 08:53 PM

My car is fasterThan a plymoth reliant

Chiketkd 04-19-2006 08:55 PM

Jason,

Don't argue with you know who on myspace. He's an intelligent guy, but loves to argue and will NEVER admit that his position on something might be wrong.

Who's faster? Who cares. I know you didn't mean for this thread to be taken seriously, but obviously someone over on myspace is getting worked up about it. :p

Svxfiles has just four forward gears and a 4.44 final drive. PhastSVX has a trans that weighs 100lbs lighter and five forward gears with a 4.11 final drive. From the looks of Tom's video, his car gets through the first two gears pretty quickly but his accel will slow down once he hits third. That's why I see his car as a low 14 high 13 sec car at best with an automatic 4.44 trans. Depending on how hard of a launch Phil is willing to do, I can see his car being solidly into the 13's - however, if he babies it off the line, his time will be much slower.

The two cars really shouldn't be compared, but as always the best way to settle everything is to go to the strip. As the chance of them racing at the same strip is slim-to-none, by the end of the Spring/early Summer we can just see who's run the fastest et. Quite frankly, when the dust settles, that title will probably belong to TomsSVX... ;)

immortal_suby 04-19-2006 08:59 PM

I'm just happy to see we finally have some fast svx's out there. No matter how it is being accomplished. :)

wawazat?? 04-19-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
I'm just happy to see we finally have some fast svx's out there. No matter how it is being accomplished. :)

you mean fastAr than Kim;s right Matt? We all know you had teh slow one:p