The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kph speedo facia (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23279)

Numbnuts 12-16-2004 12:44 PM

Kph speedo facia

Is it possible for somebody out there to scan a Kph speedo facia and email me with it? I can't get hold of one but if i can get a full size pic of one, i can get one made. I need it for when i fit my speed converter.

Earthworm 12-16-2004 05:48 PM

Do you need a precise scan or will a photo do?

Are you going to trace it or just use it as a reference?

SilverSpear 12-17-2004 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
Do you need a precise scan or will a photo do?

Are you going to trace it or just use it as a reference?

I guess he is trying to do something new with it. like Vynil cutting or something. If he is I don't think it will work because the whole thing should be drawn by hand before using it the cutting machine. It will take some time to do but eventually it will make a gr8 mod to the gauges...(I have already thought about it):rolleyes:

Numbnuts 12-17-2004 08:14 AM

Kph facia

I need a scan as this would give me precise size, I know somebody who can get one made professionally.

SilverSpear 12-17-2004 08:19 AM

Re: Kph facia

Quote:

Originally posted by Numbnuts
I need a scan as this would give me precise size, I know somebody who can get one made professionally.
won't work !!! you need to draw it manually....

Numbnuts 12-17-2004 08:23 AM

Kph facia

Why? how would manually be any different to a scan?

SilverSpear 12-17-2004 08:26 AM

the borders on the scanner will never be accurate for the cutting machine to do its job precisely, you need to "bolden" the edges for it to cut it correctly.... i have a previous example with it... look at my car's graphics, I just got the pics and a friend of mine draw it and used the vynil machine to do the job...

Numbnuts 12-17-2004 08:33 AM

I think you might have your wires crossed, i need a speedo dial facia because at the moment my speedo reads in Mph but i need Kph because i am fitting a speed converter to override the speed limiter

SilverSpear 12-17-2004 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Numbnuts
I think you might have your wires crossed, i need a speedo dial facia because at the moment my speedo reads in Mph but i need Kph because i am fitting a speed converter to override the speed limiter
why don't you buy one? complete?

Numbnuts 12-17-2004 08:47 AM

Svx's in the uk are like rocking horse **** and the chance of getting one here is pretty much zip so i thought if someone cld email me a scan of a dial that they had hangin around, it would be so much easier.
The converter literally changes your speed from kph to mph so it will override the limiter ie;180 kph wld infact be 180mph,therefore good bye 112 top speed, hello 140.............