The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Garage closed (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1501)

cocacola08 09-17-2001 03:22 PM

Garage closed

Is it necessary to close the forum?

Are questions that normally go in there to be placed in tech Q&A and/or General?

Can it not just be renamed, "The Garage" (Or something similar)?

Should we post a poll to take a vote if it can be reopened/renamed/left closed?

Mr. Pockets 09-17-2001 03:29 PM

The idea behind it was to ask eddycat, specifically, questions. The assumption was that you went there if you wanted a Subaru Master Tech's answer and didn't want to argue about it. Nobody mourns his departure more than I do, because I will always have repairs to make and I know better than anybody that bashing my way through only works 10% of the time.

I would not vote for changing the name of the forum and re-opening it. Use it as an archive, but that's it.

Seraph 09-17-2001 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
The idea behind it was to ask eddycat, specifically, questions. The assumption was that you went there if you wanted a Subaru Master Tech's answer and didn't want to argue about it. Nobody mourns his departure more than I do, because I will always have repairs to make and I know better than anybody that bashing my way through only works 10% of the time.

I would not vote for changing the name of the forum and re-opening it. Use it as an archive, but that's it.

Today I was changing my fluids and I wished EC was here to answer a few questions too. EC will be missed -- as for the forum, we have the Technical Q/A so I guess that's where they go.

Lwin

dromano 09-17-2001 07:30 PM

How about we try to hook a Subaru tech into joining with us? If we each look around we may find a tech to carry on. Without a tech we try to help each other based on our experiences and we just don't have the answers all the time. How about a national search? Ideas?

Seraph 09-17-2001 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dromano
How about we try to hook a Subaru tech into joining with us? If we each look around we may find a tech to carry on. Without a tech we try to help each other based on our experiences and we just don't have the answers all the time. How about a national search? Ideas?

That would be nice. See if you guys can talk to your techs at your local suby dealerships. I will see what I can find out.

SVXtypeR 09-18-2001 07:19 AM

I just read that thread.

I purposely don't venture into EC garage (for reasons that I won't go into). But seeing the topic of this post piqued my curiosity. After going through the many pages of the thread, I have to ask...

is he really gone?

At first, due to how sudden the decision was, I thought he was joking, but it looked more and more like he was for real. Can somebody clue me in on what's going on?

cocacola08 09-18-2001 07:48 AM

I wish I knew

Seraph 09-18-2001 09:32 AM

Re: I just read that thread.

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXtypeR
I purposely don't venture into EC garage (for reasons that I won't go into). But seeing the topic of this post piqued my curiosity. After going through the many pages of the thread, I have to ask...

is he really gone?

At first, due to how sudden the decision was, I thought he was joking, but it looked more and more like he was for real. Can somebody clue me in on what's going on?

As far as I know, he is gone - and his garage is now closed. :(

Lwin

LarryIII 09-18-2001 09:57 AM

Lwin,

I am confused. Are you going to close this forum?
If yes, please copy all the posts and make them available or move them to an easily accessible place.
May I suggest leaving this forum open and trying to find a new tech to answer questions. Maybe we can get Bosco or maybe SubyQA can recommend someone.

Larry III

cocacola08 09-18-2001 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Lwin,

If yes, please copy all the posts and make them available or move them to an easily accessible place.
May I suggest leaving this forum open and trying to find a new tech to answer questions. Maybe we can get Bosco or maybe SubyQA can recommend someone.

Larry III

Larry,
The forum is closed, meaning that it will not accept new posts. Everything that is currently there, is still availble to search on and peruse through

Aredubjay 09-18-2001 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Lwin,

Larry III

Larry, if you can get in touch with Danny (Bosco), please do. He was a major asset to the Yahoo club. I had tried to get him to join eddycat in the "garage" when we first started organizing this site, but, he ran into "issues" and I haven't heard from him since. I think his AOL account has been closed also, because I keep trying to send him e-mails and he comes back "not a member."

Who was it that had tranny work done by him? Perhaps they can beg him to join us.

Chris 09-18-2001 02:28 PM

I have a canidate

I have a canidate to fill the void left. His name is Chris Debban and he is a Subaru Senior Master Technician. He still works in the industry and is the MAIN SVX tech at Tom Scott Subaru here in Idaho. I have talked to him about this and although he is not too keen or hot with computers, he is an excellent mechanic. His current problem is that his machine is a Cyrix (P90 I think) and it is so slow, it is painful to use. His second problem is not only does he live out on the skirts of town where DSL and Cable are not an option, his 56K modem rarely connects at higher than 14.4K. I showed him the site from his house and it was VERY painful to use. I am going to build him a replacement computer AND possibly run him a wireles link from his house to here for high speed internet and access to the SVX Network. When this happens I am sure he would be more that happy to answer our tech questions. For now, I need a job that pays more than $5.15 an hour so I can pay my own bills as well as look into building him a computer. Lets hope soon!

Chris
(SVX Admin)

LarryIII 09-18-2001 02:42 PM

Chris,

Figure out what it will cost (total) to get this master tech. on line. Then ask for donations. We have enough members now.
I recall that's how we got started on this site.

Larry III

dromano 09-18-2001 05:39 PM

A donation for the computer is a small token from each of us to have access to a tech.:)

Seraph 09-19-2001 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dromano
A donation for the computer is a small token from each of us to have access to a tech.:)
Chris, I just bought five 2.1 GIG scsi drives at 10 bucks a piece. I can give you 2 of them if you want.

Lwin