The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new pic (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6847)

svxy 11-06-2002 11:23 AM

new pic

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd add this as a reminder of what once was. I smashed the drivers door this weekend. Lord only knows what it will cost to fix it. Hope they don't total it.

CigarJohnny 11-06-2002 11:40 AM

Sure is pretty! If it is only door damage I can't imagine they'd total her. Good luck!

Alcyone SVX LSL 11-06-2002 12:08 PM

Looks great in the pic, i wish my body and paint looked that good and that color:) -I hate black cars, but for $2,500 what can i say. Just realized your not too far from me, we need to start having WV meets if they haven't been done yet.

Mr. Pockets 11-06-2002 12:19 PM

Very, very nice photo. I may use this as my desktop image sometime in the near future. I just changed it yesterday to a beautiful side-view technical drawing of the F2002, so once I get sick of that... :)

DavieGravy 11-06-2002 03:36 PM

Nice. Very Nice! I like the fact that you don't have blacktop. I personally don't like them. I think the SVX looks better with one color only.

Green1995SVX 11-06-2002 03:46 PM

Very nice. What kind of camera are you using?

None of the red SVX's in the US had a black top.

Mike

svxy 11-06-2002 06:18 PM

That was taken with my 17 year old Nikon FG. I should post a picture of before and after now that my door is about 2 inches deeper. What a bummer!

svxeno 11-06-2002 06:29 PM

That could have been an advertisement or brochure shot...great pic!

Randy ii

SVXphile 11-06-2002 07:44 PM

Ditto

<That could have been an advertisement or brochure shot...great pic!>

My feelings exactly....

:) Don

Ron Mummert 11-06-2002 08:13 PM

Re: new pic

Quote:

Originally posted by svxy
Thought I'd add this as a reminder of what once was. I smashed the drivers door this weekend. Lord only knows what it will cost to fix it. Hope they don't total it.

If you're referring to that unsightly gash 8 inches below the door handle, I'm terribly afraid that the car may, indeed, be a total. You know, of course, that the power window wiring is anchored in that area, & when disturbed, the vibration triggers a code in the system computer that will eventually begin to shut down all other electrical components leading to the creation of a very pretty red boat anchor.
Fortunately, I'm willing to offer you a just and fair compensation for your inevitable future loss RIGHT NOW! Five-hundred real American dollars, & I'll even come pick it up FREE OF CHARGE! Please PM me ASAP to make arrangements. It's OK - glad to be of help.

Ron.

svxy 11-06-2002 08:38 PM

That pic was a before pic. My door really is about 2 inches deeper then before. I hit a steel pole about the diameter of a telephone pole, the mighty Subaru steel was no match for this anchored in the ground beast.

Earthworm 11-06-2002 08:44 PM

Quote:

That pic was a before pic. My door really is about 2 inches deeper then before. I hit a steel pole about the diameter of a telephone pole, the mighty Subaru steel was no match for this anchored in the ground beast.
I think my door had your door beat!! (see locker)

Ron Mummert 11-06-2002 09:01 PM

Quote:

Oh...well then, make it $250.00. You'll have to deliver (IF it's driveable). I'll cover half of your bus fare back home.
What are friends for?
TIA, Ron.

svxy 11-07-2002 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
I think my door had your door beat!! (see locker)
Actually its identical except all the damage is isolated to the door only.

Earthworm 11-07-2002 03:48 PM

Approximately how fast were you going?