The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Blew out my knee (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52997)

huck369 01-30-2010 07:21 AM

Blew out my knee

A few of you already know, but last weekend, I had an accident on one of my dirt bikes, and dislocated my knee...I did a real number on it, completely tore the ACL, PCL, and MCL, and damage to others, along with some impact damage, a hairline fracture and muscle damage...(I do NOTHING half way)
All this to my "Clutch Leg":(....and having 5 manual cars and 8 motorcycles....I'm basically pretty screwed....
Luckily, I had a 01 Forester S model that is an 4EAT car, I was fixing to sell, but guess I'll be keeping it now, for the foreseeable future.

I go to see the surgeon that will be "fixing me" next Weds, hopefully have the surgery the next week, but the recovery time is going to be in months...not weeks, so there will be no chance of me making it to the Reading Meet this year:(.....Figure I'll be at the Dragon Meet (but may not be driving)

Still have my new garage waiting for me to finish it, but it is at least "Dried in"

Since many here are like my extended family, I thought I'd share my pain.

And any of you that will, say a prayer for my speedy recovery, and others, just well wishes would be great....

I'm one of those people whom hates "just sitting around" and I'm already having "Cabin Fever" symptoms, so I'm hoping to retain my sanity throughout the next few months.

Thanks for listening...
(sucks to be me right now):rolleyes:

Sean486 01-30-2010 08:54 AM

Re: Blew out my knee

Sorry to hear that. I wish you a speedy recovery Huck.

michael 01-30-2010 09:01 AM

Sorry to hear it. Knee problems, surgery and recovery are brutal. Don't watch the surgery channel and have a speedy recovery. Both of my knees have permanent damage so I feel your pain.

SVXyGirl 01-30-2010 09:46 AM

I'll drive the yellow SVX for you. :D Hope you get better soon Huck. We'll all miss you at Reading.

immortal_suby 01-30-2010 10:00 AM

Sorry to hear it, Huck. I hope you get healed up soon.

benebob 01-30-2010 10:07 AM

But what about the important stuff!!! How is the bike doing?;) Thoughts are with you Huck. Best advice I can give from tons of knee and ankle reconstruction is do not blow off the rehab.

ensteele 01-30-2010 10:36 AM

Huck - at least it is only one knee. It could have been both. I know that doesn't help much, but like I always say - "Cheer up, things could be worse. And sure enough, you cheer up and things get worse!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a speedy recovery and you will be in my prayers. Get well soon. :)

huck369 01-30-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 632657)
But what about the important stuff!!! How is the bike doing?;) Thoughts are with you Huck. Best advice I can give from tons of knee and ankle reconstruction is do not blow off the rehab.

Yeah, it was on the cheap Chinese Dirt bike I have, (not my CRF250X), the bike suffered some damage too...but mostly superficial, rear fender, tweeked bars....honestly I haven't been out to the garage to really check it out, and when it happened, I wasn't too concerned about it, since my lower leg was about an inch and a half offset from my upper leg....

To top it off we actually got some snow today, the biggest snow we've had for years(still only about 6 inches) but I can't even get out and really enjoy it...

And thanks for the well wishes all...

and SVXyGirl, you're welcome to come down and drive me to the Dragon Meet in the Yellow SVX....(maybe the wife would let you:rolleyes:)

SilverSpear 01-30-2010 02:28 PM

Ouch Huck, hope for a speedy recovery bro...

benebob 01-30-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 632685)
Yeah, it was on the cheap Chinese Dirt bike I have, (not my CRF250X), the bike suffered some damage too...but mostly superficial, rear fender, tweeked bars....honestly I haven't been out to the garage to really check it out, and when it happened, I wasn't too concerned about it, since my lower leg was about an inch and a half offset from my upper leg....

To top it off we actually got some snow today, the biggest snow we've had for years(still only about 6 inches) but I can't even get out and really enjoy it...

And thanks for the well wishes all...

and SVXyGirl, you're welcome to come down and drive me to the Dragon Meet in the Yellow SVX....(maybe the wife would let you:rolleyes:)

Don't worry that 6 inches of snow should be there for quite some time with the plows you got down there:D. I guess you'll have to wait until next year when the 280i is a 490i to take it for a spin on the dragon:D.:D At least it was just a leg!

aust92pearl 01-30-2010 03:32 PM

ouch huck :eek:, hope you have a speedy recovery and have VERY little to no after op troubles with it :)

Ron Mummert 01-30-2010 08:05 PM

ARRRGH!! The knee...the 4EAT of human joints. I wish we could just swap a 5 speed "hinge" in its place, & get you back on the road. Having recently helped a friend through knee replacement surgery, recovery will be slow, a pain in the ass, & even boring. But.....you WILL make it back. In the mean time find a "tame" new hobby. Model building? Cooking? Wood carving? Be careful with that knife!

I wish you a "rush job" in recovery. See you at Reading XII.:D

Ron.

bheinen74 01-30-2010 11:19 PM

done it twice, one dislocation right knee, one on the left as well.
and another injury on the left. Surgery on the right, arthoscopic, grind a bone chip, etc.
can relate
and i have bad knees for sure.
hard to press gas pedal with right knee blowout.\
impossible to press clutch pedal with left knee blowout:barf: left knee blowout means have to have automatic car to drive.

automatic with cruise control is key.

huck369 01-31-2010 09:17 AM

Yeah, and i HATE automatics....
But luckily one of my 6 insured cars is an auto, so I can at least still drive....
But expect to be back driving a stick as soon as I can....

Tim 01-31-2010 09:25 AM

Sorry to hear, Huck. Hope you make a recovery. But I'm sure you can have another fellow 5 speed driver drive and you can be the co-pilot to Reading :)