The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Comedy Central sighting... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2475)

Mr. Pockets 01-14-2002 04:03 PM

Comedy Central sighting...

...of a Justy.

I think. I'm not certain, but I think I saw the back half of a Justy in the background of a movie that was on this morning while I was getting ready for work. I had a decent amount of time to scrutinize it, and I'm all but sure it had the same <cough> graceful lines. <G>

wasions 01-14-2002 10:39 PM

Nick,

You definately need to get out more.

:rolleyes:

SVXphile 01-15-2002 08:35 PM

A little fresh air is justy what the doctor ordered! :D

I still wish I had one with the CVT...:) Don

Jamsvx 01-16-2002 06:14 PM

Grosse Point Blank

I was just watching Grosse Point Blank (John Cusack, Minnie Driver, Dan Akyroyd) and about 42 minutes into it, when Cusack and Driver are walking away from the radio station, I am 99% sre that there is an SVX parked (angle nose to curb) to their right (left of screen..they are walking towards camera)

Going to double check.....

Jamsvx

Mr. Pockets 01-16-2002 06:20 PM

Re: Grosse Point Blank

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx
I was just watching Grosse Point Blank (John Cusack, Minnie Driver, Dan Akyroyd) and about 42 minutes into it, when Cusack and Driver are walking away from the radio station, I am 99% sre that there is an SVX parked (angle nose to curb) to their right (left of screen..they are walking towards camera)

Jamsvx

I have Grosse Point Blank on disc at home. Now I'm going to have to look when I get home. Can you give me an approximate time in the film?

calmone 01-16-2002 06:38 PM

where else but comedy central would one find a justy. i once suggested one for my son after one of his totals. he lookes at it, turns to me and ask "dad, are you trying to get me killed?".

Aredubjay 01-16-2002 10:47 PM

Re: Grosse Point Blank

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx

Jamsvx

I thought the same thing, but, I was watching it on HBO, so, I didn't get a second chance, and didn't care to watch the movie a second time. Let us know.

Mr. Pockets 01-17-2002 09:07 AM

I briefly checked out Grosse Point Blank last night and saw no SVXs parked along the street in the scenes I flipped through.

I simply don't remember a scene with Cusack and Driver walking near the station...oh, cripes...now I do...okay, I'm going to have to look again tonight...

Seraph 01-17-2002 09:56 AM

I check yesterday night. I did the compare today. At about 45th minute, John walked out and met his old high school buddy. Right behind them, there was a black car. Initially, I thought it was a Ford Probe but I check the lights at the back and it looks to mke like a SVX. The scene where john and his buddy gave each other a hug.

Lwin

Mr. Pockets 01-17-2002 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
I check yesterday night. I did the compare today. At about 45th minute, John walked out and met his old high school buddy. Right behind them, there was a black car. Initially, I thought it was a Ford Probe but I check the lights at the back and it looks to mke like a SVX. The scene where john and his buddy gave each other a hug.

Lwin

I watched that scene a few times last night, but I didn't see an SVX on the street.