The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Midwest Meet Pics (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=680)

mohrds 06-25-2001 09:59 AM

<<Doug and Colin, we've got to stop meeting like this . . . NOT! Perhaps we can buy an Island and start an SVXer community, huh?>>
Island, huh? Sounds good to me. All taxes go to the government sponsored Transmission rebuilding shop that is open and free to all SVXers.

<<Splooge here splooge there, i thought it was "spooge" but you never know when or where it might turn up>>
It is spooge and I only mentioned it because I had just finished putting the tire dressing on at the parking lot... Sheesh. Last Time I wash and wax my car before a meet!

Nice Weatherstripping! My god! Look at those twin hood scoops!!!

I'm really suprised we weren't "Asked" to leave.

Has Sam joined up yet?

Doug

Aredubjay 06-25-2001 10:47 AM

<<Splooge here splooge there, i thought it was "spooge" but you never know when or where it might turn up.

It is spooge and I only mentioned it because I had just finished putting the tire dressing on at the parking lot... Sheesh. Last Time I wash and wax my car before a meet! >>

Must be another one of those "Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to, To-may-to, To-mah-to" type things. No matter, I think we all got the gist. :)

"Confuscious say, man who go to bed with sex problem on mind, wake up with solution on hand." :D

mohrds 06-25-2001 10:59 AM

<<"Confuscious say, man who go to bed with sex problem on mind, wake up with solution on hand.">>

That's just bad. Bad, bad, bad.

Go look through the "Hot Rod" magazine section, would ya...

And where the hell is that blue glasses, kid anyway? :)

Just teasing ya Sith. But seriously, does the would look different after wearing those green glasses for a while? Do they help clear up vision in bright sun? Inquiring minds want to know.

I had a 63 Chevy Impala with a factory tinted windshield. Its not like today where the top 5 inches are tinted, the whole windshield was a shade of blue. I'd be driving along and look out the side window to change lanes and be blinded.

Doug

LordLobo 06-25-2001 11:24 AM

The block party was fun...good music and pals. Unfortuantely, that burger from beef-a-roo was still sitting like a rock in my stomache which made things a little uncomfortable. I prolly wouldn't have ate much at dinner anyway...or I woulda gorged myself and fell asleep driving home.

Also, it turns out my car and BLK SVX's car are BOTH made in 4/91...so that makes 2 >really< old SVXs at the same meet

Aredubjay 06-25-2001 11:51 AM

<<Also, it turns out my car and BLK SVX's car are BOTH made in 4/91...so that makes 2 >really< old SVXs at the same meet>>

Yes, but YOURS looks it! :D [Jab, Jab]

sith 06-25-2001 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
[BJust teasing ya Sith. But seriously, does the would look different after wearing those green glasses for a while? Do they help clear up vision in bright sun? Inquiring minds want to know.
[/B]
It makes the world a little darker - just the way I like it :)

eddycat2000 06-25-2001 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
Go look through the "Hot Rod" magazine section, would ya...

Doug

Ummm, Doug, our high grand exalted poobah favors road and track, not Hot Rod magazines. I now know for a fact that anything printed in that magazine is gospel and we should kneel in honor of the people that write the articles. I guess you missed the thread where I found out that all SVX's have all wheel steering...(snicker, laugh, ROTFLMAO!)

BAD EDDY!!! BAD_BADDDD EDDY!:D

Seraph 06-25-2001 01:44 PM

Eddy,
The "hot rod" mag was the one that Randy picked up at the store. It has info on "weather stripping", dual hood scoops, etc. But doug i believe was refering to waking up with the solution in hand comment. :D

oh oh oh and Brits drink with balls (i mean ping pong balls) in their beer.

Lwin

1994SubaruSVX 06-25-2001 04:02 PM

nice job with the pics guys!!!

i had a really great time in rockford, nice cozy little town. mike you were a wonderful host and i really liked your dad. real jokester that robert, you know the whole bubba thing. by the way for people who were not there, i was called a bubba for liking sushi? i couldnt figure that one out either?!

it was really weird meeting everyone because i felt like i already knew them. everyone was nice, me and the wife had a great time. i found out that my svx is basically the bare bones addition with dual airbags and that the stebro sounds better than my true dual set-up (really not happy about that). i think it is because i do not have a resonator anymore so the design is too straight-through. anyway the stebro was a little throatier.

i reconfirmed my original impression of the spoilerless svx......hate it! :) i really dont like it without the spoiler, something is just missing.

it was really cool to see the other subaru spoiler, oddly two of the cars had this spoiler.

because i met some of my wife's family i did not get to spend as much time with the guys as i wanted, i am a little bitter about that but hey that is life.

oh and one final note mike, you owe me a drag race! :D

one more thing, ,my favorite svx was sith's, i really like the silver. ok, i still love my svx the most, but sith i really do like that damn silver.....beautiful color for the svx. :cool:

BLKSVX92 06-25-2001 09:01 PM

Serious now...start thinking of dates for next year!!! Lets make it even better, first lets pick month at least and start getting more SVXer's involved!!:D

Seraph 06-25-2001 09:34 PM

Mike,
After my car is fixed, I might take a trip out to Rockford again. You might be able to see my car then. Anyways, it's only 45 minutes from chicago.

Lwin

LordLobo 06-26-2001 07:49 AM

> Yes, but YOURS looks it! [Jab, Jab]

doh!

bodyshop...here I come...