The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ralleyd my svx!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42402)

cruisen_15 12-18-2007 06:02 PM

ralleyd my svx!!

today i went 4x4 lol!!! man was it fun... doing doughnuts n such... i even floored it and has all 4 tires spining while gonig straight for quite a while then i drifted a gravel corner and did a few more drifts in the mud n dirt... im going to do it again but ill bring a camera so all you svxer's can see what our svxes our like with the AWD...

Wikedjuggalo 12-18-2007 07:00 PM

Just dont get too carried away lol. Have fun but be careful and safe :P

Manarius 12-18-2007 07:48 PM

Meh. I can't justify driving my SVX like that. I could with my Legacy because I know it could be rally car. The SVX just doesn't strike me as the "bog down in the mud and gravel" type of car. It's good for snow and ice and stuff on the road - but I don't take it offroading too much.

Zeppelin 12-18-2007 08:46 PM

IBPeopleCallDibsOnParts.. :rolleyes::lol:

Trevor 12-18-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisen_15 (Post 516190)
today i went 4x4 lol!!! man was it fun... doing doughnuts n such... i even floored it and has all 4 tires spining while gonig straight for quite a while then i drifted a gravel corner and did a few more drifts in the mud n dirt... im going to do it again but ill bring a camera so all you svxer's can see what our svxes our like with the AWD...

Frankly I am amazed that your car ran well enough to perform the antics you describe, considering your current thread and many other posts describing endless faults and problems which would render any car hardly able to be driven. What is your secret? :D

Wikedjuggalo 12-18-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 516267)
Frankly I am amazed that your car ran well enough to perform the antics you describe, considering your current thread and many other posts describing endless faults and problems which would render any car hardly able to be driven. What is your secret? :D

My thoughts but I didn't want the be the one to point it out :p

jeffast 12-18-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 516230)
Meh. I can't justify driving my SVX like that. I could with my Legacy because I know it could be rally car. The SVX just doesn't strike me as the "bog down in the mud and gravel" type of car. It's good for snow and ice and stuff on the road - but I don't take it offroading too much.

while i agree i can't say that the idea hadn't crept across my mind a few times

cruisen_15 12-18-2007 10:03 PM

lol the car died after after i was done rallying, it was flashing at oil temp at me... :o, i posted new pics of the car , fresh pics :cool:

Turbone 12-18-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffast (Post 516279)
while i agree i can't say that the idea hadn't crept across my mind a few times

Both you and cruisen have to much testosterone :rolleyes:

And seeing how I live 15min from cruisen, I get first wack at the parts :p

It's Just Eric 12-18-2007 11:27 PM

Pfft, you all act like the svx HASNT won any rallys or anything

(google 1991 alcan world rally if you dont know what I mean)

cruisen_15 12-18-2007 11:56 PM

yeah, my svx handeld extremely well, whenever i drive my svx, i always feel in control.. unlike my legacy gt... it handels like sh** compared to my svx...

SVeXy96 12-19-2007 12:04 AM

I think SVX's are the best rally cars ever! There kinda like a ford...the engine can fall out of the damn thing, but it keeps on truckin! I never took mine off road...yet, but I did enter a 300 mile rally race on paved roads and lets just say I may not have come in first place on overall time, but I did outdrive a Lamborghini Gallardo :cool: At the time I was leaking oil from every seal and hose under the hood. When I got tot he finish line and parked my car it disappeared completely in a cloud of burnt oil. After the dinner and awards ceremony she started up and took me home. :p

Mike621 12-19-2007 01:05 PM

I think this one deserves a

"crazy kids :("