The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   East coast Mega Storm (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63272)

Chris 01-26-2015 09:21 PM

East coast Mega Storm

So, from someone out here in the Pacific Northwest with no snow on the ground and barely freezing temperature of 31.6 degrees.... how bad really is it over there? The news media seems to act like its the end of the world. Lets hear non-ratings influenced responses and possible photos. Anyone got plows on their studded tire SVX? :D

svxcess 01-27-2015 12:21 AM

Re: East coast Mega Storm

WESTMINSTER, MD: (8 miles from the MD/PA line)

HOME OF THE "NO SHOW FOR SNOW SHOW"

Less than half an inch. You read it right.

Landshark 01-27-2015 04:32 AM

i remember when a couple inches of snow was called "winter".

now its an "arctic blast event" or "snowpocolypse", and gets named like a hurricane. :rolleyes:

get off my lawn!

Crazy_pilot 01-27-2015 04:34 AM

Bypassing Ontario completely :(

Blacky 01-27-2015 04:58 AM

-25°C and clear here in ski country.:(

I believe it's name is Juno.

LetItSnow 01-27-2015 08:05 AM

We got little more than a dusting of the fluffy stuff. A buddy east of here who was in the 6-8" forecast range got the bare minimum worth brushing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8VMO2BIUAARMFQ.jpg

gwynethh 01-27-2015 09:06 AM

Still coming down hard here in Kittery ME (think Portsmouth NH). More than a foot more forecast in the next 24hrs on top of the footish already on the ground. Looks like the storm tracked a bit differently than expected. Good for NY city, not so good for further northeast.

Conn SVX 01-27-2015 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe 8". Snow still flying around. We are on the fringe. 15 miles north of us got 2". Closed the roads: closed the stores. Bread and eggs and milk rapped off the selfs. News and weather are back peddling. Trying to get egg off their face. I will post a picture in a min.:lol:

Sean486 01-27-2015 10:45 AM

We got maybe 4 inches over two days. Due to the bad forecasting hype I had to cancel a work trip with several meetings. My schedule is going to be wreck for a while as I try to find time to make them up. But on the other hand I am happy they were wrong and the snow was light, so I guess it balances.

SVX92-97 01-27-2015 11:22 AM

The storm track was about 50 miles further east than predicted, which spared western Connecticut, NYC and the Jersey shore areas from the 2-3 feet they were predicting. On the other hand eastern Connectictut towns did get 24 inches or more, as well as Rhode Island, and Eastern Mass and the Cape areas. I got eight inches here, which is more than I need.:lol:

LarryIII 01-29-2015 08:31 AM

we live about 30 miles south of Phila. in northern DE. We got about 3/4" of snow. There are too many 'Henny Pennys' acting as TV "meteorologists."

wdb 01-29-2015 10:11 AM

2-3" here, and glad of it.

I really don't fault the forecasters in this case. The storm track was just a wee bit east of what they expected. I'd rather prepare for 2 feet and get 2" than the other way around.

When they tell me it is going to be sunny tomorrow and the rain comes pouring down, that's another matter. :lol:

gwynethh 01-29-2015 11:53 AM

Just got drifts of up to 3 feet off our car port/deck. Can't let it freeze or soak up rain due to the load. Snow with rain expected tonight and tomorrow but only 2-4 inches estimated.