The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Brake Scrape (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52380)

wyldnwoody44 11-23-2009 09:17 AM

Brake Scrape

Hello All,
It was a few months ago that I ordered my D/S rotors and EBC redstuff pads. Well, I got the rotors and Rears right away, but, the fronts are still on backorder, so I gave up and put the rears on and went and got Duralast ceramics for the from from autozone, everything seems to be working great so no complaints,
However, after installing them there was an awful scraping, It turns out the clips on the front were rubbing so I took a die grinder to them and viola, quiet. Now I am getting the same scrape sound from the driver rear. I have since taken rotor back off and checked clips and tried to bend the shield back but have no luck getting rid of the noise. It is def a metal scrape noise very similar to the noise that was on the front prior. Any ideas, or anyone deal with this ever.

wyldnwoody44 11-23-2009 09:20 AM

Re: Brake Scrape

Btw all calipers are lubed up and working properly, so its not a caliper issue, it just very annoying, turning heads for the wrong reasons : )

redlightningsvx 11-24-2009 03:30 PM

My brakes have been on backorder also for a month and a half now. I'm just waiting for my refund if I get it:mad:

svxfiles 11-24-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyldnwoody44 (Post 625877)
Hello All,
It was a few months ago that I ordered my D/S rotors and EBC redstuff pads. Well, I got the rotors and Rears right away, but, the fronts are still on backorder, so I gave up and put the rears on and went and got Duralast ceramics for the from from autozone, everything seems to be working great so no complaints,
However, after installing them there was an awful scraping, It turns out the clips on the front were rubbing so I took a die grinder to them and viola, quiet. Now I am getting the same scrape sound from the driver rear. I have since taken rotor back off and checked clips and tried to bend the shield back but have no luck getting rid of the noise. It is def a metal scrape noise very similar to the noise that was on the front prior. Any ideas, or anyone deal with this ever.

Take the rear drum off again, and look for the shiney strip in the parking brake drum where the casting is too high.;)

wyldnwoody44 11-25-2009 09:07 AM

Thanx Svxfiles, I had the rotor off and tried grinding and/or pounding out the area but the noise is still there. Is there any way you know of to fix this, or did I just prolly pound out the wrong area

wyldnwoody44 11-25-2009 09:09 AM

Lightning, I went through 3 diff. places before summitracing, just call up and demand your money back. At least Summit was really good about it. It wasnt worth the 3 month wait for some pads. So I guess I cant really give a good review, but I dont think i will Purchase from EBC again after this ordeal!!