The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important Notice: Website Outage (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40541)

RSVX 08-31-2007 05:38 AM

Important Notice: Website Outage

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/announcement.php?f=12

Just in case anyone missed it.

Hocrest 08-31-2007 07:01 AM

Of course we missed it if we don't have access. :rolleyes: :tongue:

Quote:

Hocrest, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Bobb 08-31-2007 07:42 AM

Outage

ME TOO, BOBB

vBulletin Message

Bobb, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

Landshark 08-31-2007 08:05 AM

oh noes!!1!11

a secret outage on yu0r teh SVX Networks? :ninja:

RSVX 08-31-2007 08:32 AM

Thanks for the heads up... we will look into it. In the mean time...

Quote:

8 hour outage scheduled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday August 31, there will be a scheduled outage maintenance window. This period could last as long as 8 hours. If all goes well, this will be the major portion of the server migration. The home page will still respond to requests and will be updated often as to provide additional information on remaining time.

Thanks for understanding,
Chris Townsend

94SubieSVX 08-31-2007 12:05 PM

Phew, good thing I'll be working to miss this "outage". God forbid I can't get onto the network :p

Bobb 08-31-2007 03:20 PM

Outage

Hi everyone, Of course some of us have lives and some of ue don't. In any case its always nice to know whats going on . Thanks Chris for the info. Take care, BOBB

ensteele 08-31-2007 04:57 PM

This is what will start to make things much better around here. The migration will get us on the new server and there will be many benifits to this. :) :)

94SubieSVX 08-31-2007 08:17 PM

Back from work, I'm guessing it didn't happen yet?

svxfiles 08-31-2007 08:56 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!@%*!!?#%:confused: :confused: :confused: !!!!!OOOOOO, OK.

Whew!

94SubieSVX 09-01-2007 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 490683)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!@%*!!?#%:confused: :confused: :confused: !!!!!OOOOOO, OK.

Whew!

That's it, no more for you mister!:lol:

immortal_suby 09-02-2007 01:32 PM

The new server seems much faster for me.
Thanks guys!

Chris 09-02-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby (Post 490845)
The new server seems much faster for me.
Thanks guys!

I loved hearing this and it gave me giggles.

Its easy for someone to know that something should be faster, but sometimes the psychological "butt dyno" can kick in and just feel like something is faster cause you "know" it should be. This is my case. Hearing it from you gives me a sigh of relief.

Thanks for the note!:D

RSVX 09-02-2007 03:41 PM

Just incase anyone cant see the announcement...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris
Yea!!!

With myself as the slave driver and supervisor, and Jim being beaten like an overworked slave, the majority of the complicated and time consuming work has been completed. We have finished the the migration and upgrade stage one is working well. We are now running on the new server paid for by donations from the members here and Earl Steele (ensteele). With the move into the new server, there is also a location change as well. With the location change we now have what in the industry is known as N+1 redundancy. Power operating the server comes from a live UPS (not much different than what we had before) with major addition. We now have 45 minutes of battery back up run time secured with a half megawatt generator set to auto start after 10 seconds of commercial power failure. In short, the server has been moved into a well established data center. I will continue to "nurse" the relationship that has allowed this to happen, as if we had to pay for it, we would be looking at a minimum of $250 monthly in retail sales value.

There will be a few more short outages today as we install more packages and features to include the new locker replacement system.

I am eager to continue this drive to provide excellent feature and support to our SVX loving community.

I ask for everyone to continue to be patient with the down times and I hope you will all enjoy the new speed and features.

More to come.... In the mean time, have an excellent weekend.

-Chris Townsend
Founder/Administrators of the SVX World Network.

ensteele 09-02-2007 07:12 PM

It seems faster to me as well. :)