The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I hate Arizona (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32617)

It's Just Eric 04-12-2006 08:18 PM

I hate Arizona

Not the state..the tea company. And ill tell you why. The company they subcontract to make their plastic bottles SUCKS
I had a bottle of Arizona Iced tea, which I had purchased at work, on my passenger seat, and closed ALL THE WAY, as I drove home.
Now..its night time...I couldnt look on the passenger seat if I wanted to. Not that it would matter anyway
So I get home, and go to get my iced tea. After opening the door I see it.
pardon any vulgarity here...
BUT THERE WAS A ****ING INCH DEEP PUDDLE OF THIS ****TY ****ING ICED TEA ON MY DAMN TAN ECSAINE SEATS!
Now...I had soaked up the mess, and blotted the seats with warm water to try to get any iced tea junkola out. If that stuff stains, im going on a killing rampage.

So yeah..any additional cleaning instructions would be nice. Or just comments how you hate arizona

NikFu S. 04-12-2006 10:30 PM

Mild hand soap and warm water? I just cleaned that crystalized donut glaze + hot car wax off my passenger seat with that, but they are leather and resistant, so I dunno.

Are your seats escaine, or cloth like regular car seats? :confused:

---------

Oh I also hate Arizona tea because the bottle is huge, and I have a compulsion to drink liquids when I am holding them, and I felt kinda ill after drinking 3 "servings" of green tea.

Also the plastic bottles suck. Glass ftw.

huck369 04-13-2006 05:16 AM

A "Wedgie" cup holder would've saved the day in this case.....

Sorry to hear it, hopefully it won't stain.

intelisevil 04-13-2006 05:36 AM

If you think the 'Wedgie' would've saved the day, I don't think you've ever seen an Arizona tea container . . . ;)

Dan

Bipa 04-13-2006 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil
If you think the 'Wedgie' would've saved the day, I don't think you've ever seen an Arizona tea container . . . ;)

Dan

Errr.....yeah.... no kidding.... it comes it BIG containers... now 1 gallon jugs available ... big enough to... well.... read for yourself :D

http://www.arizonabev.com/csr/Images...ducts7-05a.jpg

AriZona Puts out Car Fire

While on a trip in PA, AriZona Tea drinker A.J. suddenly had car problems. "Upon opening the hood I saw flames about 1 to 2 feet tall burning from the electrical box near the battery of my car. In shock, knowing that I did not have an extinguisher in my car, I quickly remembered that I had 6 bottles of Original AriZona Iced Tea with Lemon in a cooler in the passenger side of my car. I quickly grabbed 2 bottles and opened them and proceeded to pour them into the fire..." The fire engine crew eventually showed up ready to use it's big hose, only to learn that A.J.'s quick thinking had beat them to it. A.J. writes "I know the intent for AriZona Iced Tea was never for fire fighting, but I can say.....IT SAVED MY CAR."

intelisevil 04-13-2006 07:44 AM

Bipa

How do you manage to find all of these articles? :confused:

Dan

Bipa 04-13-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Bipa

Dan

Search Engines are your friend! :p

Actually, this time it was just a fluke. I have an insatiable curiousity, and wanted to see what the containers actually look like. So I went to the official Arizona Tea web site, and there it was. :D

It's Just Eric 04-13-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikfu
Mild hand soap and warm water?

Yes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikfu
Are your seats escaine, or cloth like regular car seats?

Tan ecsaine to be exact. Hence the reason I was super angry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huck369
Sorry to hear it, hopefully it won't stain.

The good news is, that it didnt stain. I guess I caught it with the warm soapy water just in time. Now getting the stale iced tea stench out of my car is a diffreent story. Ill give it a few days to air out before going over the whole interior with the suede bar to give it that nice fresh clean look, feel, and scent.

On a similar note, Anyone know a good upholstery shop that has experiance with ecsaine? Im thinking that someday if I hit the jackpot and have ecessive money laying around I could reupholster my seats to factory spec. Have them all new feeling and get rid of that shag carpet- like bolster wear

NikFu S. 04-13-2006 01:15 PM

Interesting that it would leave a smell. Febreeze it, perhaps? Maybe wet it down again and use a powerful vacuum to suck out any excess.

I'm still trying to imagine escaine seats. I don't think I have ever seen any before.

It's Just Eric 04-13-2006 01:34 PM

The smell is gone now thayt the seats have completly dried / the car aired out. Still going to go nuts cleaning the itnerior, its long overdue.
Im sure youve seen the grey ecsaine seats....The tan ones are nothing like that. Id need to get a picture to show you

Actually,svxcess has pics in his locker somewhere of the tan ecsaine seats, but the quality is kindof poor. If I can get a camera to lent to me, I can post some digital photographs

bwb3 04-13-2006 02:22 PM

Resolve

I've had good luck using Resolve upholstery cleaner in the spray bottle. Even took out the mechanics grease stains on the door panel.
Gene

svxcess 04-13-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I'm still trying to imagine escaine seats. I don't think I have ever seen any before.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...cess/35236.jpg

It's Just Eric 04-13-2006 08:07 PM

...So much sexier when they dont have bolstier wear :(

Electrophil 04-13-2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Bipa

Dan

I've renamed her Bipapedia. :D

Electrophil 04-13-2006 10:32 PM

Personally I would wet it down again, and reclean at this point. That's a lot of acid to have dried in that escaine if the residue is excessive. It may eat away at that delicate fabric.