The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another ugly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43858)

Hocrest 03-19-2008 10:20 PM

Another ugly SVX

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/car/606629891.html

Just... WTF???

ensteele 03-19-2008 10:43 PM

That is the worst looking one I have seen. How did they get the dash and other interior red? :eek: :mad:

It's Just Eric 03-19-2008 10:45 PM

That ones been on ebay before. Looks like he re-molested the headlights and painted some more suede

gotta love the wider body being put to good use..packin some WIDE rubber in tehere yo:rolleyes:

the body be so madd wide yo, I took the side mirrors off, cus they didnt look out past my wicked JDM tires

Im currently looking for an old thread when this car first made it to ebay sometime last year

Turbone 03-19-2008 11:11 PM

This is what happens when some kids that grew up in the 60's breed :barf:

Shadabob 03-19-2008 11:31 PM

:eek: holy sweet jebus...that is scary. That rear end is not jeans friendly...:lol:

SilverSpear 03-20-2008 12:45 AM

I just cannot believe how ugly that car is. There was a post about it a while back, even though it was uglier at that time, it was better looking than now.

I bet that car has over 600lbs of bondo & FG on it :(

Nomake Wan 03-20-2008 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 535968)
That is the worst looking one I have seen. How did they get the dash and other interior red? :eek: :mad:

It looks like rattlecan spraypaint to me. :mad:

RSVX 03-20-2008 06:35 AM

Someone buy it and save it.

budbaer 03-20-2008 07:12 AM

I guess that answers VICSVX's question about body kits from the other thread, why mess with perfection. I mean who out there thinks they're a better designer than our dear friend Giorgetto. It's sad to think that someone spent so much to make such a beautiful thing so ugly.

Wikedjuggalo 03-20-2008 07:57 AM

Someone save it I think he was looking for a ricer he wants to trade it for a acura integra or a crx lol, I have an acura integra sitting in my backyard with a blow head gasket I wonder if he will trade so I can save it :p

Manarius 03-20-2008 08:09 AM

I believe that even tops the ugliness of the Pontiac Aztek.

Landshark 03-20-2008 08:49 AM

http://theducks.org/pictures/do-not-want-dog.jpg

WestCoastSVX 03-20-2008 10:46 AM

:barf:

The red interior is the worst! EVERYTHING is the same shade of red. Except one piece of suede yet to hit I guess. I don't see how he did that other than a rattle can but who knows? And why a pure red interior with a pure blue (partly) exterior! I must avert my eyes!

At the risk of :barf: I'd be interested to see a full exterior shot showing the side. I'm curious how it transitions from the blue to whatever color the rear is.

This is actually the first time I've seen someone go crazy with the bondo and actually fill in between body pieces to create a "perfectly" smooth look. The front end with the bumper now appearing as one piece with the body, and taking some headlight along with it, actually has a flow to it and is very exotic. It reminds me of some 60's concept car like a Mako Shark or something. It looks all wrong on the SVX though, not to mention that everything smoothed together like that will not hold forever. I would imagine if that car is driven much it will all eventually crack apart wherever there are seams.

The top half of the rear reminds me of the newest 7 Series BMW. The thin tail lights. Some high intensity LEDs in there and reflectors located somewhere else and you'd probably be legal. Most of the rear is just YUCK though. Okay, the whole car is.

budbaer 03-20-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 536118)
:barf:

The red interior is the worst! EVERYTHING is the same shade of red. Except one piece of suede yet to hit I guess. I don't see how he did that other than a rattle can but who knows? And why a pure red interior with a pure blue (partly) exterior! I must avert my eyes!

At the risk of :barf: I'd be interested to see a full exterior shot showing the side. I'm curious how it transitions from the blue to whatever color the rear is.

This is actually the first time I've seen someone go crazy with the bondo and actually fill in between body pieces to create a "perfectly" smooth look. The front end with the bumper now appearing as one piece with the body, and taking some headlight along with it, actually has a flow to it and is very exotic. It reminds me of some 60's concept car like a Mako Shark or something. It looks all wrong on the SVX though, not to mention that everything smoothed together like that will not hold forever. I would imagine if that car is driven much it will all eventually crack apart wherever there are seams.

The top half of the rear reminds me of the newest 7 Series BMW. The thin tail lights. Some high intensity LEDs in there and reflectors located somewhere else and you'd probably be legal. Most of the rear is just YUCK though. Okay, the whole car is.

I'm sure all that Bondo is going to crack at the seams, the car has to flex somewhere. I saw a 16v Scirocco that had the seams filled in and they all cracked within a year of weekend driving.

It's Just Eric 03-20-2008 11:49 AM

Hmm...Id be very happy to pick that car up, and as soon as the title was sighned, cut the bumpers off with a chain saw, in front of the owner, before driving away

Actually, if I had 1500$, id do just that