The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Turbonator??? This makes me wanna cry! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18126)

deruvian 04-20-2004 03:55 PM

Turbonator??? This makes me wanna cry!

Turbonator

Does the above make anyone else want to cry a little? Or, at least beat the manufacturer silly? Maybe steal their riches and give to the poor?

"Supercharge any car for $69.95!"

:mad: GRRRRR!!!

Chiketkd 04-20-2004 04:01 PM

That's just cheese! The swirling effect actually does improve performance & fuel economy slightly, but not by 20-30%. :rolleyes:

GreenMarine 04-20-2004 04:18 PM

I wouldn't mind doing a dyno run to find out just how much it would help ( If at all:rolleyes: ) our cars... Anyone got one that will fit our cars that they want me to test for everyone?? If it goes well then I may have to get one myself :):D:cool:

Chiketkd 04-20-2004 04:30 PM

Come to think of it...I remember an infommercial for the 'Tornado' a few years back that did the same thing - produced a vortex/swirling effect in the intake.

When I looked for it online, I found it here:Tornado

But the product has been discontinued! Sounds like a load of crap to me. They probably were sued, closed down shop and re-opened under another name!:rolleyes:

Chiketkd 04-20-2004 04:39 PM

Read this thread...

Turnado Fuel Saver Feedback

This product seems to have no hard evidence to back up their claims...

michael 04-20-2004 06:35 PM

I don't think it would do to much since that 45 degree turn right before the throttle would put a stop to any swirling motion of air. I'm not crazy about the factory ductwork from the maf sensor to the tb especially the ripples. Did anybody try to alter the design aside from dayle's. His doesn't go all the way to the tb.

Porter 04-21-2004 07:44 PM

The WRX has one stock...

It's called a Tumble Generator Valve. :D :p Taking the little bastards out of there is a good power mod. ;)

deruvian 04-21-2004 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by michael
I don't think it would do to much since that 45 degree turn right before the throttle would put a stop to any swirling motion of air. I'm not crazy about the factory ductwork from the maf sensor to the tb especially the ripples. Did anybody try to alter the design aside from dayle's. His doesn't go all the way to the tb.
I'm going to have to agree with you (on everything you just said). Dayle, are you around for an opinion on this?

deruvian 04-21-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Porter
The WRX has one stock...

It's called a Tumble Generator Valve. :D :p Taking the little bastards out of there is a good power mod. ;)

Are you serious? Does the 2.5RS have one too?

JLittell 04-21-2004 07:51 PM

Has any seen the infomercial on this one? THey take 2 bottles of liquid and turn them unside down. One bottle with the turbonator and the other without. They show the water doing into a funnel affect which drains out the water quicker....,

What a bunch of horse ****!:rolleyes:

Noir 04-21-2004 11:10 PM

Re: Turbonator??? This makes me wanna cry!

Quote:

Originally posted by deruvian
Turbonator

Does the above make anyone else want to cry a little? Or, at least beat the manufacturer silly? Maybe steal their riches and give to the poor?

"Supercharge any car for $69.95!"

:mad: GRRRRR!!!

Get more horsepower and better fuel economy in 5 minutes.

lmao.

An emissions lab, licensed by the EPA conducted tests on non-moving vortex generators that produced results as high as 20 horsepower and 24% increases in mileage. Other independently conducted studies yielded results as high as 35 HP and 31% MPG.

i'll pull a Rob here...where's the dyno sheets? :D

GreenMarine 04-22-2004 08:27 AM

I say the same thing :)

Noir 04-22-2004 01:09 PM

though wouldn't it be nice to put that turbonator onto chitty-chitty-bang-bang?

Porter 04-22-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by deruvian

Are you serious? Does the 2.5RS have one too?

I was being somewhat facetious... the WRX has a valve at the end of each intake runner that facilitates tumble of the intake mixture in the cylinder, causing more complete burn at partial throttle. It's the same concept being touted by this Turbonator product, but the factory version is effective, while the Turbonator is NOT.

The problem with the Subaru system is that at high throttle positions and/or high rpm, it acts as a minor blockage in the intake tract.

The 2.5RS does not have a TGV, it debuted on the 2002 WRX.

deruvian 04-22-2004 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Porter

I was being somewhat facetious... the WRX has a valve at the end of each intake runner that facilitates tumble of the intake mixture in the cylinder, causing more complete burn at partial throttle. It's the same concept being touted by this Turbonator product, but the factory version is effective, while the Turbonator is NOT.

The problem with the Subaru system is that at high throttle positions and/or high rpm, it acts as a minor blockage in the intake tract.

The 2.5RS does not have a TGV, it debuted on the 2002 WRX.

That's the only thing that I saw in the "turbonator"...

BLOCKAGE.